Gilboa November 16, 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hubby and I will be going up Saturday, I get off work at 7:30am so we should be there by 11:00am.

Any takers?
Ber :bunny:

Hello there

We will be heading up on the 16th am and staying in the Bunks to do some more diving on Sunday. Can't wait, it has been to long. Are you staying till Sunday or just diving for the day?

Jeff

Depends on if I have to work Sunday night and I won't know that until the Wednesday prior. :( We'll probably grab a hotel room for Sat. night, hubby isn't into the winter camping thing! Hope to see you there! Are you diving the deep side or shallow side? I know hubby and I will be on the shallow side.

More than likely the wrecking crew of Tony, Brian, and Dan will be there. However, we will be coming back that evening. The other two are going to the Bengals Browns game that Sunday. Alright...talk to you all later.

-TT

make it that weekend due to being in Florida. Hope you guys have a great time. ckharlan66 is out of the loop for a few days but he may be able to make it. There are some others that might go if they can arrange suitable exposure protection.

I will have to check on it but I am going to try to make it up.

Anyone know how long of a drive it is from Lexington?

Chad

Well, I am going to guess that it takes 1 hour 15 min to get from Lexington to the Ohio border.

That in mind, once you hit OH, stay on I-75 North for 134 miles until you hit a small town...Beaverdam. (approx. 2 hours depending on speed) It is exit 134, and there is no re-entry North-bound. Turn left at the end of the ramp, and go through the small small small town.

Take this road until you can no longer drive it (approx. 14 miles). There are a couple of small jogs, and I think two stop signs. 696 will end, and you will be on road 6...that's right...just road 6.

At the dead end, take a right on to Old St. Rt. 224. Gilboa quarry will be approx 2.5 miles down on the right.

That's it....once you get off of I-75, it is a left off the ramp, a right at the dead end, and a right into the quarry.

Just a forwarning, once you get off 75, you won't see civilzation until you hit the quarry...it is farm country from 75 to gilboa.

Total travel time should be like 4 hours. (if 1:15 is correct from lexington)

1:15 to 1:30.

Thanks for the info.

Why don't you just run down to Lexington to pick me up?

Chad

There's another way to get to the quarry:

I75 North to exit 159 (State Route 224)
Go west, drive for approx. 10-13 miles.
You will see a grain elevator and a LARGE brown and white steer.
At the steer turn left. If you don't see the steer in time turn left at the next road.
Go to the stop sign and turn right on old St. Rt. 224 (You should be going down the main drag through Gilboa)
Go approx. 1/4 mile and the quarry is on your left. The entrance is a lot easier to find than Falling Rock :wink:

Turn at the Steer uh...

On a business trip once I actually had a lady at a gas station tell me to "...turn where the old gas station use to be." I just smiled and walked out. Sometimes you just have to know when not to push things.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom