Gilboa November 16, 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See you there!
Ber

Ber Rabbit:

Thanks for the invite!

I was just at Gilboa last weekend. Unbelievable viz early in the morning. From the platform you could see the entire plane and the entire bus from the plane. 20 huge rainbow trout were swimming in and over the bus. If you have UW video...bring it!

Rescue trainers had it a little mucked up by the second dive in the afternoon but still not bad.

I'll see if I can make it Saturday or Sunday but I have to work this Friday and Saturday nights. Do you have a time/meeting place?
Luckily, I live just a little over an hour away.

Don't forget to bring an ornament for the Christmas tree. It was on the wing of the airplane. I hope it is still there.

Cheers!

there's an official meeting place? I tell ya what....we (Dan, Brian, Tony) are going to be up there Sat AM probably around 10(ish)...we'll try to get a place big enough for a bunch of people to join us at, and we'll have it marked...most likely with some form of racing flag. If ber and hubby get there before we do, we'll find them, and brand the meeting zone there. We'll see what happens...good to see people are coming.

P.S. That's where mikey had the tree last year too....

Tell the gate or office that you are with scubaboard/Kentucky Piranha Patrol and to refer anyone looking for us to you. That way we can all rally together since some people coming have never seen us and we aint' seen them.

Chad

I live about a hour away, and dive Gilboa all the time. Are you folks diving Saturday AND Sunday? Im buisy saturday, but I could dive Sunday. I like to dive Gilboa in the winter, good vis, and maybee 10-15 people, not like the 400 people in the summmer.

Chad, It would be nice to meet you. I will be diving with you at WreckMania this year. I wen't last year and had a great time.

Miss Rabbit, where are you from in ohio?

Dave

I would enjoy meeting you as well.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't know if I am going to be able to dive Sun. but if things work out I am going to try to get one in early. I can't make any promises. I think some of the others are planning on diving Sun but I will let them weigh in.

Chad

Hello! I will be down at Gilboa on Sunday. We will be diving around 10:30 am. I will dive at least twice to complete my Nitrox Certiification. Being a new member here and not knowing too many people, how do I meet you guys?

Gokhan

:yeah:

to get up there Sunday morn. I have to work late Saturday night, have a square dancing function I have to work.

Being the wuss that I am, I won't know if I will jump in until I get there though. I would like to meet everyone as well.

I figure I should be able to get there between 10 and 11.

Sensei,

We will tell them at the gate to send anyone looking for Scubaboard or the Kentucky Piranha Patrol to us.

Socal,

I hope I get to see you when you get there. I am not sure if I will still be there or not.

Chad

I have to work until 7:30am so I can't get home until 8. Would be nice if we could get the ramp so we don't have to cart gear down the stairs. If you get there and it's empty grab it! Bruce and I will grab a hotel in town and dive again Sunday morning, another of our university dive buddies will be coming up. I have to leave by about 12-1pm because I have to be at work at 11pm Sunday night and will need time to rinse gear and nap. Maybe we could all head up to the Cracker Barrel or somewhere for dinner after diving.

Big O: Rural Dayton area

Marksm: Hope you can make it! Looks like most will be there 10-11am, first one there grab a good spot and let the office know where we're meeting! WOW, the bus from the PLANE! Hopefully the weather forecast keeps most people away and we can have the whole place to ourselves! Unfortunately no UW video :(

Sensei: Just let the office know you're part of the scubaboard/Kentucky Pirahna Patrol group, we'll find you if I have to ask every person at the quarry! Wouldn't be the first time!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Ber :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom