Gilboa Quarry New Year's Day 2007 Who's Going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might try and be there. all depends usually have to work that day. If I dont work then I will think about coming down. for a start of the new years dive. Does Mike use the bubbler now? I'm not overhead enviroment certified (Fancy talk for diving under the ice)

Barracuda2:
If I use a 5mm hooded vest under my 7mm farmer johns, I'm actually fairly comfortable.:11:

But then you'll look like the Michelin man. :D

bladephotog:
Either that or just bring a bull and give us a demonstration! Which ever is easiest.:D
LOL! The place where I took the class isn't far from the quarry and on Saturday nights they have a bull riding event that includes a novice division :wink: Too bad New Years is on a Monday LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:

Divin'Hoosier:
But then you'll look like the Michelin man. :D

Yeah, but I'm a warm Michelin man!!!!

Well, I have new tanks that haven't been wet...and I just added Ber's husband to my dive buddy crush list...and the turn out is looking huge... So how much lead do I need to sink 52mm of neoprene?

I'll throw my propane heater in. I have a tent with no sides if anyone is worried about solar exposure. :D Does anyone have a 1.21 gigawatt aquarium heater?

Ber - Been wondering. When diving with you, would someone be a dive buddy or a dive bunny??? Sorry, surface narcosis...

Sledge - Bring the sidearm, those trout have got to be hungry by now. :sharkattack:

Notso Ken - You'll have some wet diving company (unless it gets so cold I just plain chicken out).
:chicken:

:newyear:

Steve_Dives:
Well, I have new tanks that haven't been wet...and I just added Ber's husband to my dive buddy crush list...and the turn out is looking huge... So how much lead do I need to sink 52mm of neoprene?

Great, some guy with a crush on my husband :eyebrow: Try not to walk around all "doe-eyed" ok? He's been known to grab a geared-up diver and tell me to fend for myself and find another buddy when I'm too pokey getting ready--if I see you're geared up but chatting with me before I'm ready I'll know what you're up to :D

Steve_Dives:
Ber - Been wondering. When diving with you, would someone be a dive buddy or a dive bunny??? Sorry, surface narcosis...

Depends on whether or not I loan them my hood :D

Steve_Dives:
Notso Ken - You'll have some wet diving company (unless it gets so cold I just plain chicken out).
:chicken:
There will be no chickening out :no you're in a semi-dry, Ken's completely wet.

A bunch from my dive shop will be down. Will be sure to stop by.

wrecNcaver:
A bunch from my dive shop will be down. Will be sure to stop by.

Will be great to see you again, it's been ages!

I will try to be there as well. Sounds like fun.

Gonna see if I can enlist a couple of newer divers as well.
(I should get a discount at the shop due the drysuit sales they get afterward.) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom