Gilboa Sept 28-30, '07 Fall Meet-n-Greet planning thread. Come dive with us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Crew,

Here are some picts. from M & G: Mitten diver going diving and making his famous sausage dip; Trucker Girl and her trademark beany, Mitten Diver's famous dive log on the door of his trailer (if you haven't signed it yet, what's the problem?)your's truly cooking up the kielbasa, and a group shot of those fortunate enough to have been there.

Thanks to all who made it to the Fall M & G. The weather was great, the food was excellent, the diving was outstanding; but more important, the comeraderie was out of sight. There's just nothing like divers getting together, no matter what age or gender, background, or experience.

As usual, what happens at M & G stays at M & G; however, you just must ask Mitten Diver about his 10:00 PM phone call and the results of that. Divin' Hoosier tried to take a spider diving with him---gee Jim, I thought I was a better dive buddy than that. I volunteered for babysitting duty for about a half hour and had to play "store keeper" and "little brother" during that time. We had some great campfire discussions on Sat. night; that's all I'm going to say about that. Ber looked like she has been wearing double 100's for years---way to go, Ber. Because I dove with Div'in Hoosier all week, My "I want" list has grown again: Can light, pony bottle, a 120 steel with BPW---will it ever end???

For those who didn't make it and didn't have a good excuse, boo hoo! YOU MISSED IT!!! Why would anybody want to go to Portage when everything that happen'n is at the M & G. (I'm talk'n about the reigning Uno champ and her guitar playing friend) as I clear my throat. Boy, Paula, I sure could have used some nice soup after a couple of dives we did beyond the tubes where the water temp was about 42; where were you???? The Fall M & G is only about 7 cold months away. Hope to see you all there.

Great write up and pics, Denny! Hey, thanks again everyone, for being so great with my kids! It really meant alot for Rod and I to be able to get out and do some diving, meet lots of great people, and see others we hadn't seen in a while! {Hugs to all of you!} Can't wait to see you all again!

Denny.... your kielbasa was SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I've been craving it ever since we left there! LOL Does your meat shop ship on dry ice? :D Those dips.... Mmmmmm! Mitten, I'm gonna go get the fixin's and make some of that up!

Agreed that the dive ended better than it began. If I remember correctly you nearly drowned on the surface when you flipped over on your back without your reg in.:rofl3:
I didn't nearly drown, my lips were above the water and I could still breathe :D I was practicing righting myself, being flipped on my back and trapped is an irrational fear of mine :11: I don't exactly have the "righting myself" procedure down LOL! I'm sure there's a graceful way to do it but for now "simulating drowning" is as close as I can get to graceful :rofl3:

Sorry I missed out on my hug! Now you owe me one. Does this mean that I can post off topic once without moderation?:no:no:no
You would rather trade in a hug for a chance at an off-topic post...now my feelings are hurt :(

:10:
Ber :lilbunny:

Smallish showing today- Mitten Diver, Jchoby, erparamedic and Scuba Ref, rab, Barracuda 2, Divin' Hoosier and a guy from ZD who hasn't logged in over here yet. Oh, and me.

We missed everyone else! I hope more were showing up tonight and I know there is supposed to be a rabbit sighting tomorrow.

Great to meet you trucker girl and thanks for the ScubaUNO games.

I heard about the terrible timing of your hubby's return trip -- sounds like you could've had another dive or two.

See you in April'08!

-Rob

See you in April'08!

-Rob

Hi Rob!

Gonna been around more? Sorry I missed you this past weekend but I was down for the count. I was sooo out of it I even forgot to call Brett (who I convinced to join in on the fun) to let him know I wouldn't be there.

Good to see you on the board.

Paula

You would rather trade in a hug for a chance at an off-topic post...now my feelings are hurt :(

:10:

I'll take any traded in hugs! :D :eyebrow:

I'll take any traded in hugs! :D :eyebrow:

Hey Mitten, Steve's trying to move in on your hug source :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi Rob!

Gonna been around more? Sorry I missed you this past weekend but I was down for the count. I was sooo out of it I even forgot to call Brett (who I convinced to join in on the fun) to let him know I wouldn't be there.

Good to see you on the board.

Paula

I can literally go *months* between visits to SB now that I have my own business. When I'm at the computer, I'm usually doing billable client work (or something non-billable, but related).

I'll try to get at least one more weekend of diving in before the end of the season (yes, I noticed your Whitestar weekend), but I haven't any plans yet. In about another month my kids swim team competition kicks into high gear and my weekends become full.

-Rob

Rab.... It was nice to meet you! Thanks for showing me the koi! That was pretty cool... I had no idea they were in there!

If you ever wanna meet up at Blue Springs (since it's closer to both of us)... lemme know. I'd be happy to dive again. :)

I was talking to Brett / compression nut today and he was telling me about his dives. No one mentioned (that I recall) that Katie was there. Mitten trying to keep her all to himself?????

me

On Saturday, Trucker Girl and I were the only ladies there. I know Ber was there on Sunday (per the posts), but I don't know if any other ladies showed up or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom