Gleetings upon you all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AK Badger

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First post ever...anywhere...but you guys are so worth it :D

Never been one to get sucked into a hobby, but wow this diving thing is absolutely wonderful. Just got certed a couple months ago and I now have the constant urge to just hang out underwater and watch this new alien world swirl around me.

I've already met some wonderful and passionate people in the short time I've been doing this and I can't wait to get back out there with them. Just gotta wait for the new drysuit...

I'm so glad my long time boyfriend (and new favorite dive buddy) made the offhand comment "lets get dive certified" before we headed off on our paradise vacation. Of course I don't believe he quite expected the impact it would have on all of our future free-time plans (or budget, lol).

Glad to meet you all and see ya underwater!

Ok, now taking applications for a new dive buddy. And I take back the nice things I said about my original one :D

Diving is pretty neat, especially up here. For us, it is a much underappreciated sport in a state where water contact sports normally requires waders and a fishing rod.

A buddy of mine (now out of state at school) mentions that when he was down in Bonaire, the divemaster was very hesitant to let him dive as he was a newly certified diver. When the DM found out he had been certified in Alaska in the winter, he sighed and said 'dive where you want...no problem." Cold water + alaska mistique+dry suit and lots of weight = respect in most of the diving world.

Back
Top Bottom