Suggestion Glossary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
P

Pilaar39

Reaction score
Would you consider adding a section somewhere on this site with a list of diving abbreviations and acronyms?

As a newbie to the sport, and after reading a number of posts here on this board, I find I am really getting lost and confused with all the abbreviations and acronyms being thrown around.

A Glossary/FAQ would be really useful!

Pilaar39:
Would you consider adding a section somewhere on this site with a list of diving abbreviations and acronyms?

As a newbie to the sport, and after reading a number of posts here on this board, I find I am really getting lost and confused with all the abbreviations and acronyms being thrown around.

A Glossary/FAQ would be really useful!

Yes please!

Include a 2 sentence definition of DIR that everyone agrees on too, please...

Sorry, couldn't resist, my bad... :eyebrow:

gj62:

Takes me back to my old DOS days, when DIR was a command to list the Directory. What it means in diving, I have no idea! :wink:

Pilaar39:
Takes me back to my old DOS days, when DIR was a command to list the Directory. What it means in diving, I have no idea! :wink:
Good point, that's one definition of it we likely could agree on. As for what it means in diving, I was being a smart-a**. Check out www.gue.com, or stick around the board for awhile...

gj62:

ROTFLMAO!!!

But seriously, the idea of a glossary is good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom