Glove options for Ellipse dry glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
Well my original plan fell through. Every place I tried to order Rolock 90’s is out of stock and have no idea when they will be in.

So now I’m going to order the Ellipse to go in my oval wrist seal. But I have a question.

Do Nitril gloves work with the Ellipse? I am looking at the Showa 660 and the 720. I think the 720 is nitril.

I've used the Showa 720s for years with my Antares system and they have worked great. I find the nitrile gloves to give much more dexterity than the classic blue smurf gloves. They are a bit thin so the cold penetrates quickly. The nitrile material should seal well with the Ellipse system, but you can always have a set of samples sent to you to try before you buy.

Well my original plan fell through. Every place I tried to order Rolock 90’s is out of stock and have no idea when they will be in.

So now I’m going to order the Ellipse to go in my oval wrist seal. But I have a question.

Do Nitril gloves work with the Ellipse? I am looking at the Showa 660 and the 720. I think the 720 is nitril.
Do not bother with the ellipse, worst excuse for dry gloves I’ve seen, those you think the Antaries is bad haven’t tried these.

i can send you some Antaries to use until you find RoLock 90’s but please save your self and don’t buy these!

Ok disregard. I just found a Rolock 90 on Ebay. Same question. Do nitril gloves work with Rolock
Should be no problem, I’ve used ESD 660 and currently use 3415’s which are thick you just pick the inner lock ring that fits the glove.

Did you try Drysuitparts out of the UK?

Ok disregard. I just found a Rolock 90 on Ebay. Same question. Do nitril gloves work with Rolock

I could not agree more with @lexvil about staying away from the 4th E Ellipse system, except I would suggest using a pullover glove instead of the shite Antares system until you find/obtain a set.of Rolock 90s.

But to answer your question:
I have used SHOWA 720 nitrile gloves on the 4th Element Ellipse system, the Rolock 90 system, the Waterproof Ultima DGS, the Si-Tech glove lock system, and the Si-Tech Virgo system.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom