Glove promo is over/post reviews here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay we got 2 dives in today, 37 Mins & 50 Mins!

I was down to 76 ft at 54degrees! I can say that there is NO thermal protection with the Darkfin Gloves.

Use the links below to see Pics of the gloves in action!

My daugther will write a review within the next 24 hrs and I'll post it in this thread.

Dive #1
Dive #2

Roy, while we are amateur shutterbugs if any of the posted images are promo worthy feel free to use them. If you do we would appreciate the t-shirts you offered in the other thread.

TheScubaBOB

Here is my daughter's Review:

It would certainly be fair to say that the DarkFin Gloves helped to enhance my diving experience.

Although it was difficult to comprehend hand signals underwater, the webs allowed me to give my legs a chance to rest while I propelled myself through the water with my hands alone. When used for corners and turns, they worked better than any other method with fins. I was able to turn on a dime just by moving my hand in the right direction, and was much more effective at sculling.

I love the webbed finger design and the only thing I would suggest changing about it is the color of the webbing to better understand signals. The thinner gloves made it possible to put gear on even after I had the gloves on. I was able to get into the water with gloves and then put on my mask and fins, whereas before my neoprene gloves made it hard to put anything on and where the last things I would put on before starting my dive.

They even managed to keep my hands warm, which greatly surprised me because of how thin they are, until we got under the thermocline. Once under the thermocline they provided absolutely no warmth, but still had great maneuverability.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed using the gloves and will end up using them more often than neoprene.

Alright,

I have had one to many beers so I am going to give away 12 more pair of Darkfins.
Here's the deal. If I'm going to give away a $25 dollar pair of gloves to a total stranger then the least you could do is tell me why I should give them to you. If your e-mail says "Want free gloves thanks" then forget it. I got some great e-mails from people that took the time to tell me why they would love to try Darkfins even after the promo offer expired and I was compelled to send them a pair. I don't think that's asking to much. You can do it! Come on... I know you can!

roymckinney3@aol.com

tyvm roy ...my intent is to use them for "fanning" the bottom when working over "old" wrecks i liked his video on the home page ...he is like the "billy mayes" of dive gloves and honestly ..i'm old enough to remember watching "the creature from the black lagoon" in black and white on saturday t v reruns ...thats what they remind of ...looking forward to giving them a test beat

Hey Roy, after a quick photoshop I brought Slonda's lighter background behind the fingers idea to light.

Here's a white back ground.
Darkfin%20white.jpg

And a yellow one...

Darkfin%20yellow.jpg

Hopefully this gives you some ideas :)

Still a problem in low viz/low light situations where you will still see only a dark webbed hand.

While admittedly I've not tried these, they pretty much seem like a classic "solution to a problem that doesn't exist" other than potential for disabled divers.

carrielsal where did you hear about the gloves, just curious, was it on the board, or somewhere else... thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom