Glove promo is over/post reviews here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Roy got my gloves - gonna give them a try snorkeling in the gulf tomorrow - I'll let ya know how they work out. :D

Yeah, it pretty much is silly. Even sillier is the notion that using these gloves will make you a better diver.

Even sillier than that is the concept that all divers have to be someone else's definition of perfect.

On a different note, I did six dives this weekend. On five of them, on very large wreck, I would not have used them or needed them once. On the night dive on a shallow coral reef, when I was moving at an extremely slow pace inches from the coral, I thought these gloves would have much more useful than my fins for 95% of the dive. I wish I had them along with me even if I could not have interlaced my fingers.

Roy, here is my review after using the gloves for spearing. Stg. Slaughter, and Jr. along with Tim and myself, and along with an experienced spearo, friend of the family, boat captain. This is only my experience, yours may be different. I am sure there will be things different next time, always learning and making changes. Anyway, We were excited to get some real experience for a review as before I only had some pool time with them. This was my first time spearing and recently (actual quality dive wise) very new. Talk about task loading, but we were with friends and everyone had the appropriate safety gear, except me of course who goes a few steps further with a PLB and a pony. This was the first time I even picked up my gun to see if the gloves would be a problem with the trigger. I did not even notice they were there until I needed them. Not only were they the least of my worries I can say the dive would have been significantly less fun without them, not to say they were fun in an amusing way. But the prosepct of those killer swims back to the boat, lets just say I have done them without and with the gloves. I can honestly say I do not ever want to do it either way but the gloves were an absolute asset to have. I was able to fight the current alot easier with the gloves than without. It was still exhausting, and we will float a safety line behind the boat in the future to assist in such cases. They were no interference loading or using the gun, I could grab and hold just like before, having a little more control in the current was nice as well. I was able to put my fish on the stringer, for the first time I might add, and felt confident and capable while using the gloves. They did snag one time on some barb on the shaft, but it did no real damage yet. One time they did feel a little pushed down on my hands so I just pulled a little on each finger and they felt better, probably because of heavy use in strong current. Tim and I are underwater metal detecting tomorrow, we would like to recover some lost jewelry. I will post then how they worked for that.

Interesting review, Christo. I have yet to try to swim with mine, but I'm diving a 70' wreck off Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, there will probably be current getting down to the wreck, I'll give them a try coordinating with fins.

I tried the next size up today and they were MUCH more comfortable. Still a little hot in 86 degree Tavernier water, but not as bad because there was a tiny bit of water flow. I quickly dispatched two lobsters with no problem. The precision micro movements with them are getting more intuitive now.

I still wish there were perforations on the backs though, like golfing and cycling and even some diving gloves have, for use in warm water. The larger size wasn't oppressively hot like the too small ones were but still, I'd like them to be a bit cooler. I guess I'll really appreciate them for late-October diving and onward!

Hi Roy, I had the opportunity to try out my gloves snorkeling/free diving yesterday - and they where GREAT!. :D I got quite a few 'odd' looks from ppl on the shore as I was putting them on, but hey that what starts conversation about the product right?:eyebrow:

For free-diving it definably gave me that extra 'pull' when trying to get to depth.
For snorkeling they where great for quick turns in the water, and a 'power boost' of speed if I wanted to go see something quickly.:snorkel::fish:

I would agree with DebbieDiver that they are a bit warm, so some vents would probably be nice to help with water flow. I also think some sort of grommet to attach the gloves would be nice addition... just saying

Thank you again for the opportunity to try your product. I think I would defiantly 'buy' a pair for freediving/snorkeling when these wear out. :eek:k:

Roy, here is my review after using the gloves for spearing. Stg. Slaughter, and Jr. along with Tim and myself, and along with an experienced spearo, friend of the family, boat captain. This is only my experience, yours may be different. I am sure there will be things different next time, always learning and making changes. Anyway, We were excited to get some real experience for a review as before I only had some pool time with them. This was my first time spearing and recently (actual quality dive wise) very new. Talk about task loading, but we were with friends and everyone had the appropriate safety gear, except me of course who goes a few steps further with a PLB and a pony. This was the first time I even picked up my gun to see if the gloves would be a problem with the trigger. I did not even notice they were there until I needed them. Not only were they the least of my worries I can say the dive would have been significantly less fun without them, not to say they were fun in an amusing way. But the prosepct of those killer swims back to the boat, lets just say I have done them without and with the gloves. I can honestly say I do not ever want to do it either way but the gloves were an absolute asset to have. I was able to fight the current alot easier with the gloves than without. It was still exhausting, and we will float a safety line behind the boat in the future to assist in such cases. They were no interference loading or using the gun, I could grab and hold just like before, having a little more control in the current was nice as well. I was able to put my fish on the stringer, for the first time I might add, and felt confident and capable while using the gloves. They did snag one time on some barb on the shaft, but it did no real damage yet. One time they did feel a little pushed down on my hands so I just pulled a little on each finger and they felt better, probably because of heavy use in strong current. Tim and I are underwater metal detecting tomorrow, we would like to recover some lost jewelry. I will post then how they worked for that.

Me and someone else on the boat had fun today with them too...over to reviews!

Interesting review, Christo. I have yet to try to swim with mine, but I'm diving a 70' wreck off Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, there will probably be current getting down to the wreck, I'll give them a try coordinating with fins.

I tried the next size up today and they were MUCH more comfortable. Still a little hot in 86 degree Tavernier water, but not as bad because there was a tiny bit of water flow. I quickly dispatched two lobsters with no problem. The precision micro movements with them are getting more intuitive now.

I still wish there were perforations on the backs though, like golfing and cycling and even some diving gloves have, for use in warm water. The larger size wasn't oppressively hot like the too small ones were but still, I'd like them to be a bit cooler. I guess I'll really appreciate them for late-October diving and onward!

Debbie,
Let's experiment. Take your gloves (the larger ones) and on the back there is a raised area. Take a good pair of scissors and cut a thin slice about an inch long out of the back of that raised area. See if that allows enough water flow to cool your hands. If it does'nt work out I'll replace them for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom