Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point about weather! I will bring a couple of tarps and a canopy. Will probably have to spring for an electrical hook up to run a heater to dry things out.

I was just going to ask what's up since I saw the weather forecast. Not that they are usually very accurate, but they're showing rain for the whole weekend now.

I also just got back from the doctor yesterday with an ear infection from diving on Sunday, although he didn't say anything to me about not diving again on Friday (I guess I didn't ask).

I will still be there. I'm heading up Friday night. Should be there by 7pm baring any disasters. First dive at 7:30pm and a night dive to follow shortly there after. I have a tent, but might just sleep in my truck if the weather is going to be an issue. I don't have a canopy though.

Of all of the times for Ted to bail on us with the bunkhouse!

Still haven't heard from Paula. Anyone else heard from her?

RPanick:
I've been thinking of bringing some Clam Chowder, but I don't have a stove to heat it with. Can anyone help out with that part?

I'll have a Coleman stove in addition to the stove in the camper. So go ahead & bring the clam chouder. My wife doesn't dive, so she would be glad to have some company.

I'll dig up my tarp (20'x30') & some rope. Sounds like we may need it.
I won't be there until around 10 pm Friday, Will this be a problem getting in that late?

parrothead600:
RPanick:
I've been thinking of bringing some Clam Chowder, but I don't have a stove to heat it with. Can anyone help out with that part?

I'll have a Coleman stove in addition to the stove in the camper. So go ahead & bring the clam chouder. My wife doesn't dive, so she would be glad to have some company.

I'll dig up my tarp (20'x30') & some rope. Sounds like we may need it.
I won't be there until around 10 pm Friday, Will this be a problem getting in that late?

I think the office closes at 7. Not sure if you can get in after that or not.

In addition to my small tent, I'm also bringing a canopy, coleman 2-burner camp propane stove and small propane gas grill.

cork2win:
I was just going to ask what's up since I saw the weather forecast. Not that they are usually very accurate, but they're showing rain for the whole weekend now.

I also just got back from the doctor yesterday with an ear infection from diving on Sunday, although he didn't say anything to me about not diving again on Friday (I guess I didn't ask).

Sue -- be careful with those ears. Is it an inner or outer ear infection? If it's inner, you should probably give serious thought as to whether you should dive on Friday. Your ability to equalize with most likely be impaired and you risk doing some serious damage to the ear. If it's an outer ear infection (swimmer's ear), I think there is less risk to the structure of the ear but it may slow down your healing. Most importantly, ask your doctor and follow his/her advice.

At this time I'm still planning on coming. Now, if the forecast goes from 30-50% chance of showers to 80% chance of heavy rain I may back out. A little bit of rain isn't any big deal. I don't even care about it being overcast. Just don't want to camp in HEAVY RAIN.

parrothead600:
RPanick:

You shouldn't have a problem getting in, if the office is closed you will need to register (pay) as soon as someone is there. Mike will hunt you down if you don't pay.

Divin'Hoosier:
Sue -- be careful with those ears. Is it an inner or outer ear infection? If it's inner, you should probably give serious thought as to whether you should dive on Friday. Your ability to equalize with most likely be impaired and you risk doing some serious damage to the ear. If it's an outer ear infection (swimmer's ear), I think there is less risk to the structure of the ear but it may slow down your healing. Most importantly, ask your doctor and follow his/her advice.

I second this. . . My doctor seemed somewhat familiar with ear problems and diving. Her first question was if I had been swimming recently. When I told her I'd been diving a few days prior to the ear hurting, she asked about the location and if I had any problems that day with equalizing (which I hadn't) to determine if a perferation was a possibility as well (they were so swollen by the time I went in that she couldn't see anything...) She specifically said no water in the ears what so ever - put cotton in them in the shower, etc., because if I get more water in there, it won't clear up. She didn't specifically say, but I'm guessing I have an outer ear infection.... It's worth making a call to your doctors office and see if they have any advice on the matter. It be better to miss a few dives than to do more harm to your ears. Good luck and have fun if you are able to dive!

eckybay:
I second this. . . My doctor seemed somewhat familiar with ear problems and diving. Her first question was if I had been swimming recently. When I told her I'd been diving a few days prior to the ear hurting, she asked about the location and if I had any problems that day with equalizing (which I hadn't) to determine if a perferation was a possibility as well (they were so swollen by the time I went in that she couldn't see anything...) She specifically said no water in the ears what so ever - put cotton in them in the shower, etc., because if I get more water in there, it won't clear up. She didn't specifically say, but I'm guessing I have an outer ear infection.... It's worth making a call to your doctors office and see if they have any advice on the matter. It be better to miss a few dives than to do more harm to your ears. Good luck and have fun if you are able to dive!
Thanks for the advice folks. Having never had an ear infection before I guess I didn't give much thought to whether or not I should be diving anytime soon. The doc (urgent care) didn't tell me if it was an inner or outer ear infection, just looked, said "yes, I see a slight infection" and gave me a prescription. Since he prescribed ear drops I'm assuming it's an outer ear infection.

With all this in mind and the impending crappy weather I think we're going to have to miss this round of diving. :( Divin'Hoosier, I'll PM you just in case you don't see this. I hope you all have a great time this weekend! I'll cross fingers for better weather than they're predicting!! Have fun all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom