GLWC Fall Meet & Greet - Oct 2-4 @ Gilboa Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
GLWC Logo.jpg

I can't believe we haven't started a thread yet, but the Fall Meet & Greet is on the calendar for Oct 2-4 @ Gilboa Quarry. Be there or be square!!! You can also follow progress on our Facebook group.

Let's start discussing who is bringing what for the shared meal on Saturday afternoon. Let me start:

Denny "the Dribbler" Wiz ... Kielbasa

The fall meet and greet is kinda a love/hate relationship. It's such s great time getting together and hanging with like minded crazy waterholics. But it unfortunately marks the ending to another great fresh water wreck diving season. Can't wait to hang with you all once again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changing leaves, crisp weather, warm water ... it really is a fantastic time of the year to dive! Come out and join us.

Are we going to do the Pig fri night or plan something at the quarry instead?

I can honestly go either way. I'm fine hitting the Pit Friday evening, but I'm also fine if we want to stay back, cook our own meals and then enjoy a Friday night campfire.

I'm somewhat, possibly aware of my attendance. If I go, I will be opting for what has now become my tradition of cooking a steak over the fire Friday night. Along with consuming mass quantities of a certain garlic bread that the store in Ottawa sells. I plan on bringing the bunk house. Where I Park it depends on how many other RV's are coming. I got boxed in at spring. I may Park up by the entrance if there are several RV's coming.

I only have a 3mil shortie I hope that will be OK??
My snorkel has a hole in it. Can I still dive if I don't wear it?
I picked up some really old regs for cheap on Ebay. The seller said they haven't been used in years I won't die will I?
Everyone is camping right? Or do you all stay in a hotel?
I'm by myself, will there be buddies to dive with?
I have 3 dives since I got certified. I plan on going to 130ft anyone up for that? Do I need permission?
I only have an aluminum 80. That should be enough for a deep dive or two plus some shallow dives? My friend says 7 bucks is to much for an air fill. I figure I won't need it.
I got a little ankle biter dog, I plan on bringing. I don't have to tie it up do I? I can't wait to meet you guys. I'm sure I will have more questions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I too am a newish Diver and would like to come to your event. I am considered a warm water weenie and would love to make several dives to explore the quarry. What is the deal with bringing some type of passing dish? How many people should I plan to feed? Will KT_GoBucks be there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom