GLWC meet and greet 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joedelt:
i've never been there, so i'll have to see if i can find the camping gear, or at least a cheap hotel :)

There's a few not-so-expensive hotels on the BGSU campus, just a mile or so from the quarry... Just FYI.

Some of us will be camping out overnight Saturday, so I guess Sunday's diving starts as soon as we roll out of the tents and into the water. :wink:

You won't have any trouble getting a buddy or three on Sunday morning. See ya there!

ScubaFishee:
Some of us will be camping out overnight Saturday, so I guess Sunday's diving starts as soon as we roll out of the tents and into the water. :wink:

You won't have any trouble getting a buddy or three on Sunday morning. See ya there!

Sure was nice meeting everyone. Tim, I'll make it up to you for the wake up call next time. Better vis next time. :wink:

hey everyone, thanks for a great initiation, i told the wife,and she's game for a trip this spring.
hope everyone had as much fun as i did
/john

It was a small group but we had a good time! Wish we could have stayed for Sunday, maybe next time!

Lisa and Bob's girlfriend need to post the recipes for their desserts, YUMMY!
Ber :lilbunny:

It was great meeting everyone and sitting and chatting for the short time we were there.
Saw the next piece of diving gear I need....the Coleman Road Trip Grill. Essential for any dive outing.
Since I'm new to the sport my wife worries about me so I'm glad she got the chance to meet some of the people i'll be associating with. It helped to set her mind at ease.
Portage seems to be a nice dive/camp area and I'm looking forward to diving/camping there.

Be safe!

Tom

fusionvibe:
Since I'm new to the sport my wife worries about me so I'm glad she got the chance to meet some of the people i'll be associating with. It helped to set her mind at ease.

Ahh you missed the part where we danced around the fire like a bunch of pagans.. :)

I tell ya - Its been a long time since I laughed so much.
So much to tell - so little time. The weather cooporated very nicely - speaking as one who left his rain-fly at home.. :)

Mack - err Mitten Divers Smore's were a big hit - stsiddal just couldn't get enough of 'em. (Their wafer thin!) Lisa was on top of the ball on nametag duty ensuring no-one was sneaking in unannounced. For some reason hats resembling all sorts of creatures (rabbits and fish) were quite the fashion item this season. ScubaChef - err Fishee was quite the grill-miester all weekend long - we're beginning to wonder if she ever dives? :wink: But dang, oddly enough she's invited to every weekend at the quarry! Then who can foget Joe Dirt - err Delt. (Did you rent the movie yet!)

You'll all just have to show up next time!

netmage:
So much to tell - so little time.
Tim,

I thought that we had agreed that what happens at the meet and greet stays at the meet and greet. You wouldn't want anybody talking about a certain board members facination with Jiffy creamy peanut butter on a family oriented board like this would you? You may be guilty of creating a legacy.

I am sorry that I missed so many of you on Saturday. What can you do when the hockey team calls, not even Jedi mind control could keep me from my duties back here in Jackson though. We did manage to gain an additional member though as I see that Zippy14 posted yesterday in Introductions and Greets section. I was sorry to see so many veterans of Meet and Greet I "The Introduction" have to miss this event but we did manage to add some additional character to the club.

Tim I hope that you will be off stand-by next year so that we can get back in the water together again, at least what is left of you. I wish I could have pried one of those s'more's away from Scott for you, maybe next year.

Mitten Diver

No, thank you. I got WAY more S'mores than I needed! No'more! (If only they were wafer thin.)

Man were they good though! (I'll bring the Milk next time.)

Back
Top Bottom