GLWC meet and greet 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<this space for rent>

not bad, 7 pages for one weekend and its aftermath...

lol, be careful tim, too many secrets :wink: and no i havnt seen the movie yet, i'll have to do that.

MD, wanted to send a specific thanks out to you. i owe you big on the next trip. so i'll bring the good beer, and other goodies :)

i've got the wife on board with the idea of the trip next spring, so we'll be there ready to go.

so um, if anyone wants to sell me a pair of steel 130's i'll be a happy diver.

It really was a nice weekend. Hopefully, those who did not make it will be at Meet and Greet 3 whenever and whereever it is. Present were:Jchobyand kiddies, Scubafishee, Tiny Bubbles, Mitten Diver, JoeDelt, fusionvibe and wife,Ber Rabbit and Bruce, Bawb47862 and Terry, Stsidall, netmage, dilldapp,jjsteffen, Jessica, Lisa4516 and Don.If I skipped anyone,I am sorry! (I still liked the nametags, thanks for being good sports!

Well, I think I've finally recovered from the sugar-induced coma from consumption of all the fantastic desserts at Meet and Greet II. Judging from the sampling presented, maybe it's time we opened the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew Bakery!

It was great meeting the "ole gang" and greeting the "new crew". Thanks to all for making this weekend great. For those of you who couldn't make it, you really missed a wonderful time.

The team spirit exhibited at Meet and Greet II was unrivaled by any I've seen before:

MD provided the ultimate transportable clubhouse with condominium setup, which served as a terrific base camp for all.

TinyBubbles got the official opening ceremony started by carrying the flag... yes, it's the official GLWC dive flag potato salad. Yummmm!

MD and netmage demonstrated flawless buddy procedure technique in the two-man s'more making event. There was no resisting MD's secret ingredient. But we will always admire stsidall for taking one (or was that six?) for the team.

Rabbit and Don really put their heads into making the weekend a success. Literally.

joedelt really warmed our hearts when he walked, yes WALKED, to the front office and brought back FOUR CORDS OF WOOD. Now that's what I call putting your muscles into it.
03.gif

Bruce was our stealth photographer. I'll bet most of those pictures can't be posted, though he may be holding them for ransom...

TinyBubbles and Bawb47862 sported their latest new dive gear. Nice! But then again, getting new dive gear is ALWAYS nice.

And a special thanks to Lisa4516 for tagging us all with her seal of approval and ensuring that only the cool were allowed inside our camp.

I'd love to say more, but like joedelt said, the rest is classified. What happened at Meet and Greet II, stays at Meet and Greet II.
04.gif

(Of course, having said that, I should have some pics to share with y'all soon. :eyebrow: )

Hi gang ! Thanks for the more experienced divers having me tag along. I'll have the salad recipe as soon as I can. One or two good pic's to post. What was the owners name of the Mauve BC that dove first thing Sunday morning ? Look forward to next time I can get up there.

Bob Swanson
aka Sponge Bob
aka Barf Diver :wacko:

Hi Bob,

The diver that joined us early Sunday a.m. was dilldapp.

Sounds like a great time. I wanted to make it but work called. I am now looking at my third Saturday/Sunday combo in a row, so that tells you what I have been up to. Money is great (and appreciated), but your pictures look a lot better than where I have been.

joedelt:
<this space for rent>

so um, if anyone wants to sell me a pair of steel 130's i'll be a happy diver.

The Divers Direct outlet in Orlando has PST 130's in stock. Seem to remember them being pretty reasonable and doubt they've sold them since last Friday with everyone running like heck from the weather.

Back
Top Bottom