Go Pro Hero 3 Black...setting problems...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phreaticus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Just got the new GP....seemed to be setting up OK...but now, if i want to change settings...in the FOV, FPS mode....I get to the submenu stage, but the settings won't change when I use the power button....it seems like they are locked up. The up/down arrows on the right od the screen are not useable.
Any suggestions?
Also...I have a four year old HP laptop that I downloaded VCL on to play the video....very choppy (filmed at 24fps)....tried it on a one year old Toshiba Portege Z835-P330....even choppier!
Trying to get this thing working before a Cayman trip Friday.....all help appreciated!

---------- Post added July 6th, 2013 at 10:45 AM ----------

I think I may have answered my first question...the laptop and notebook may not have the video power to play the hd GoPro footage at required speed...I plugged it into an hd Samsung TV with an HDMI cable.....played fine!
Any comments?
Still have the setting change problem, however!

Just got the new GP....seemed to be setting up OK...but now, if i want to change settings...in the FOV, FPS mode....I get to the submenu stage, but the settings won't change when I use the power button....it seems like they are locked up. The up/down arrows on the right od the screen are not useable.
Any suggestions?
Also...I have a four year old HP laptop that I downloaded VCL on to play the video....very choppy (filmed at 24fps)....tried it on a one year old Toshiba Portege Z835-P330....even choppier!
Trying to get this thing working before a Cayman trip Friday.....all help appreciated!

---------- Post added July 6th, 2013 at 10:45 AM ----------

I think I may have answered my first question...the laptop and notebook may not have the video power to play the hd GoPro footage at required speed...I plugged it into an hd Samsung TV with an HDMI cable.....played fine!
Any comments?
Still have the setting change problem, however!

We're a GoPro dealer and have heard of several issues with the Black Edition. Most of them can be fixed by updating the firmware on the camera. I have seen one occasion in which updating the firmware did not work but so far it seems to fix most problems. The firmware update can be found here:
HERO3 Camera Software Update | GoPro Support

We're a GoPro dealer and have heard of several issues with the Black Edition. Most of them can be fixed by updating the firmware on the camera. I have seen one occasion in which updating the firmware did not work but so far it seems to fix most problems. The firmware update can be found here:
HERO3 Camera Software Update | GoPro Support

I had the same issue and the firmware update fixed the issue. Had to do it twice before it worked. If you still have an issue Go Pro can provide you a different link to "manually" do the update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom