DIR- Generic Going down the GUE path vs TDI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In theory, yes. In practice, I would say it's a bad idea. You're effectively fully qualified to do an OC dive to that depth, but you'd be doing it in a partially functional configuration from the start, which is not smart.

I meant assuming a fully functional OC set was available somewhere on the boat..

If the ccr 2 certification encompasses a tec 2 one, there is little point indeed in doing tec 2 (except if I am misunderstanding something).

That's the current state of things, yeah. CCR2 replaces T2 for RB80 prereqs. So it's very close to being phased out, if not in writing then at least in practice.

If the ccr 2 certification encompasses a tec 2 one, there is little point indeed in doing tec 2 (except if I am misunderstanding something).

Except for the initial investment. A friend of mine in Switzerland had to choose between:
(1) buy a car and do the T2;
(2) doing the CCR1.
He needed the car, so no way he could afford to buy a JJ and to do the course... he ended up doing T2.

@PfcAJ, I know that GUE projects involve dives deeper than 90m. Do you know if the only requirement is the T2+ card plus some experience? Or would one need the "mythological" T3?

Up to now there is no T3, so there is no need for it.
I would mean certifications are of secondary interest in such projects. It is more important that you are known to the project leader and he knows you have experience doing such dives. The number of people in the GUE world doing such dives is not that huge.

Up to now there is no T3, so there is no need for it.
I would mean certifications are of secondary interest in such projects. It is more important that you are known to the project leader and he knows you have experience doing such dives. The number of people in the GUE world doing such dives is not that huge.

If I remember well, Mario Arena told me there is a T3, but GUE doesn't advertise it, because it is a course for very few people. I didn't ask any detail more, and although my guess is that T3 is not a prerequisite, and one can go to more than 90m with the T2 and significant experience, I just would like to have a confirmation.

Except for the initial investment. A friend of mine in Switzerland had to choose between:
(1) buy a car and do the T2;
(2) doing the CCR1.
He needed the car, so no way he could afford to buy a JJ and to do the course... he ended up doing T2.

@PfcAJ, I know that GUE projects involve dives deeper than 90m. Do you know if the only requirement is the T2+ card plus some experience? Or would one need the "mythological" T3?
T3 doesn’t exist in reality.

If you’re being presented with an option to join on a deep project, you have the needed experience and skills to do the dives.

Big boy rules for these things.

To my knowledge T3 is concerned with project oriented (very) deep diving. It's a very specific course which almost nobody on the planet needs. Besides that, as far as I know there's only one person on the planet who has it...Mario :)

I don't think there's a depth limit on T2 after the course. Max teaching depth is something different than actual diving. Having said that, I think it's wise to gain enough experience before doing that kind of dives. Not that I will ever do those dives, I know enough to know better :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom