Going to Belize...need info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Gaz,

Thanks again for the reply. Do you still live on Ambergris Caye ?

Thanks to everyone that has responded to my post. You have all been a great help. This is the first time that I have posted and gotten this much response. I will be back to chat again.

Tam

Hi Tam

Yes I am still here still running diving and hotel here you can check out my site at www.divebelize.com

Have a great trip to Belize and if you have any additonal questions be sure to post them

Dive Safe

Gaz

You'll love the diving where ever you decide to stay! I was there in October for ten days and the diving was just fabulous! My dive buddy and I stayed up north a bit.

Sorry, I couldn't recommend where we stayed -- the customer service was pretty bad. Way too much drama and stess for a relaxing vacation. Maybe once the place gets more established some of the basics will improve -- but why take unnessecary risks when you're putting your good money and limited vacation time on the line.

I'm going back Saturday 4/24 week for another week of diving. This time I'm going with my husband to LightHouse Reef Resort. Can't wait! We should have gone there in October but silly me wanted to go for 10 days and stay somewhere with a pool. (LHRR only goes Saturday - Saturday and no pool) Then we got this "great deal" at this other place north of San Pedro. It was a good lesson for me on - "you get what you pay for"

Have fun and don't forget lots of full-strength DEET!

We stayed at Ramons for ten days in late Jan/early Feb this year. Dove with them 2 and 3 times daily. Hotel was full but they have several boats so it was never crowded. Our DM was Touriano Vasquez and we plan on returning next Feb. He has a 34' boat with twin Hondas so it never takes very long to get to any of the dive sites. Boats leave at 9,11 and 1. He has been a DM for 24 years and is very helpful. He worked with me on my weights and breathing and I went from 14 to 8 lbs, with a 3mm top and I weigh 250. Good luck

I was in Belize about three years ago and the diving was terrific. Especially the blue hole dive and the wall dives you do afterwards. Highly recommended.

While there I stayed at Ramon's Village. they definately had the best beach on the island and the purple parrot bar was a favorite hang-out. Definately some great memories.

I traveled all over the island (via golf cart) and have to say that I thought Ramon's was the nicest. Altho I have no idea what sort of development has gone on there since my trip.

No matter where you stay on Ambergris, check out the Shark bar and get a shot of viper rum - it'll knock your socks off.

You have to rent a bike go north, cross the ferry(?) and have lunch at Sweet Basil. Unbelievablely delicious!

Hi
Has anyone stayed at Hamanasi in Dangriga, Belize? How is the diving from there and how is their equipment?
Looking forward to some beautiful diving!
thanks, Janaki

tam:
I am planning a trip to Belize and need some info from divers that have been there. How is the diving on Ambergris Caye? I would prefer to stay in San Pedro because of the choice of going to town after the daily dives. The Atolls sound good, but a little remote. Where would you suggest staying? How is Ramon's Village or Captain Morgan's Retreat ?

Any info would be sooooo helpful!! :06:

Tam

My significant other and I stayed at Ramon's year before last, and got certified there. We found the facilities very comfortable, the staff very friendly, the dive team (Gil Nunez especially) skilled, concerned, and accessible. It could hardly have been a better introduction to diving. The reef is fabulous and there are other things on offer there (the jaguars, the caves, the manatees). But the diving was fabulous. We loved Roatan last year, and look forward to Utila this year, but Belize -- especially Ramon's, with its high comfort level -- beckons us back. It's nice being right in San Pedro. You stroll up the beach and the whole panoply of dining and entertainment options are easily accessible. It's lovely, easy, and, frankly, perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom