Going to Cancun/Cozumel- welcome your advise!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puppy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to diving and to this board. I am going in July to stay in Cancun for 5 days (Gran Caribe), with husband (diver 18 years), kids and sister's family. I plan to snorkel as a family but also would like to take the ferry to Cozumel and dive, just Hubby and me. I don't want anything challenging of corse but want to maximize my time/dive. Should I make reservations in advance? Any recommended outfitters? Also, in reading some of the things online I noticed that to rent the equipment is just $5 more than to dive. Is carrying your own equipment all the way there worth it? Or should I bring my own? Thanks a million for any words of wisdom!!

Hola Puppy!
I live in Cozumel. Gran Caribe is a good hotel. How old are you kids? I would recommend you bring your mask with you. The rest you can rent them anywhere. There are some people that prefer to bring their our gear because they already know it and trust it. You can take a local bus from Cancun to Playa del Carmen and then take the ferry to Cozumel, it's really easy and it takes the same time like a tour. Cheaper some how. My e-mail is:
snorkcen@cozumel.com.mx
I work in a dive shop, we handle people from the ferry and the cruise ships. If you want to dive or snorkel with all the family we have a nice snokel tour in a glass bottom boat, last for 2 1/2 hours. Let me know and I'll send you all the info. We'll meet at Playa del Carmen and cross the ferry together.
Take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom