Going to Cancun Jan.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For clarification, are you staying in Cancun, or flying into the Cancun airport to stay somewhere in the Riviera Maya?

The responses to your question will vary accordingly.

Thanks for response. Staying in Cancun this time. Not a dive vacation this time but thought I may as well get wet while I am there.

I cut and pasted below from another post, re my Cancun trip Dec, 2016. Jan is spotted eagle ray season, so that is nice.

I just came back from Cancun in early Dec. I only did 2 dives there, but they were good.

I dove the C-55 wreck & the nearby reef as a 2nd dive. We had hoped to do the C-58 but the buoy was missing. The C-55 (and the C-58) is at 80' and the current can be strong - so its an advanced dive. We ended up going down the line, but it is often a drift dive. Lots of eagle rays & lots of fish. Not much of a wreck, the C-58 is supposed to be better, but lots of life.

The nearby reef - I believe its called "No Name Reef" -- but its the reef that is generally done as a 2nd dive, was the highlight of my vacation. A ~60', drift dive. This was a great reef, lots of life, a baby bull shark, eagle rays, swam with a green turtle for a bit, an eel, a big Nassau Grouper, just tons of fish, and a very healthy reef.

I would recommend diving one of these wrecks (the C-58 is prob better) and the nearby reef. Unfortunately I didn't dive any of the more OW sites, so I cant recommend anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom