Going to Capt Don's Jan 14-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a couple tests away from getting my Nitrox certification. Apparently they stopped automatically giving out Nitrox tables some time this fall because computers are the norm.

So now, with a mere 73 dives to my name, I think I'm going to have to buy a computer. In fact, I'm looking at the Oceanic Geo 2.0.

Any experience with that one? I like the dual algorithm option (I prefer a conservative algorithm but nice to have a choice) I totally love the 24-dive log memory...would love to just download dives instead of doing all that paperwork. Also, the price is quite bearable.

Recommendations anyone?

-Amanda

My buddy and I will be staying at Buddy Dive from Jan 15th-22nd if want to join us. The more the merrier. I try to dive at least 4-6 times a day so a computer is a must!

Last edited:
I be will staying at Buddy Dive from Jan 15th-22nd if you want get together and do some diving.

Pretty much any current computer will suffice. If you stay hydrated and stay away from the limits your computer dictates you should be fine.

When doing multiple days of multiple dives I always camp out for my safety stop and enjoy the views. You can piddle around at 15-20 feet in Bonaire and be entertained for a long time...especially if you like the small stuff.

If you have any questions about Bonaire shoot me a PM, I've been going every year since 2002.

J

Pretty much any current computer will suffice. If you stay hydrated and stay away from the limits your computer dictates you should be fine.

When doing multiple days of multiple dives I always camp out for my safety stop and enjoy the views. You can piddle around at 15-20 feet in Bonaire and be entertained for a long time...especially if you like the small stuff.

If you have any questions about Bonaire shoot me a PM, I've been going every year since 2002.

J

I love the small stuff and intend to do a decent amount of piddling. :)

Here's one...are there public laundry facilities at Capt. Don's Habitat? I want to save room in my luggage for dive gear.

I asked Jack regarding laundry facilities in Habitat Bonaire and he replies that there is no laundry facilitiesi, but laundry service only , it takes 2days to return. Have fun in Bonaire, I wil be heading soon for 1st time.

there is a nice laundry next to the stadium in downtown Kralendijk. You can do it yourself with coin operated machines or they will do it for you. they charge by weight. We took some in and it weighed 2.5 kg and it cost 11.50 guilders(about $7) and it was ready the next day.

Thanks for nice information. I appreciate so much!

Also, there is a laundry mat just East of the football stadium..if you bring your soiled underwear to them in the morning you can get it back later that day if you request so.

Bonaire is sweet for piddling around..my last trip I didnt even go below 60 feet the whole week. :)

Bonaire is sweet for piddling around..my last trip I didnt even go below 60 feet the whole week. :)

I agree, but I did go down to 100' at the Hilma Hooker. :D

Back
Top Bottom