Going to the Phiippines late April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was there last April. 10 days in Anilao at Club Ocellaris (a great place for those who dive, dive, dive and love macro) and a week in Sabang (Puerto Galera) with Action Divers. No big pelagics but plenty to keep my camera rolling.

April is the time for Tubbataha. I would go for that one also. Jessie Beazely and Bastera also.

I was there in 95 and went again in 2011. The reef is showing a lot of signs of improvement. We were boarded by men with automatic weapons checking for our permit to be there.

And you're 100 miles out in the Sulu Sea. Just being there is pretty unreal..

Thanks guys for all the info

here at sabang now, this is my second trip and the coral is amazing. Macro photographers dream but not any palagics that I know of. Water vis is not the greatest but pretty good.

We dove with Atlantis, which was expensive but well worth it in my book. They organized EVERYTHING, from the airport pickup in Manila to our rather complicated and dramatic transfer to Dumaguete (in which Atlantis saved our butts). If you are unfamiliar with the area, or unwilling to risk dealing with your own problems, I can't say enough good things about the Atlantis operation in general.

Hi Lynne!

Didn't know you're a moderator on SB. Thanks for helping us patch up Jack's toe when we went for the whalesharks! :D And thank you for the compliment. You and Pete can dive with us anytime!

-marco

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom