Gonna jump off into the deep end ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The days of judgement have come and gone over the weekend. Spending quite a bit of time sucking back gas at 30' doing simple things precisely, or a resemblance of such.

Rec pass!

Once I get (and get comfortable in) a set of doubles, more simple things done even more precisely for a hopeful Tec upgrade.

BRad

The days of judgement have come and gone over the weekend. Spending quite a bit of time sucking back gas at 30' doing simple things precisely, or a resemblance of such.

Rec pass!

Once I get (and get comfortable in) a set of doubles, more simple things done even more precisely for a hopeful Tec upgrade.

BRad

Congrats!!

Any tips? I'm taking my primer course next month.:D

Congrats on the pass! Take a post-Fundies breather, get those doubles and go back to work. :)

Congrats!!

Any tips? I'm taking my primer course next month.:D

Our team has been diving with GUE divers for a good while before the Fundies course. So a good chunk of knowledge and drills we were already familiar with (but not to the detail the course goes into).

Make sure your buoyancy is decent and have team skills. The rest is easily learned (everything builds on itself), starting with buoyancy and awareness.

BRad

Congratulations!!!!!

To finally come full circle with this thread, today I attempted and successfully upgraded my rec pass into a tech pass.

Yahoo!

BRad

How much time spent practicing with the doubles?

How much time spent practicing with the doubles?

About 30-40 dives or so (nothing 'practiced' aside from a skill or two a dive). It took this long due to scheduling (being that I'm over 1000km away). I probably could have made the same outcome before the summer if I planned it.

I have a bit of refinement to go before jumping in on a Tec1 class to make it easier (I've been out of the water for the past 5 weeks, and won't be in again for just as long or longer), nothing that a shakedown dive or two wouldn't fix.

I've done quite a few courses over that period as well (Wreck/DPV1) and roughly 90 dives since Fundies in the past 15 months

A few procedures are a little different from a singles rig/rec pass (adding steps with can lights and more valves).

BRad

Congrats Brad, see you next year at Rendezvous

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom