Good, cheap fruit/juice place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horn34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I normally stock up on a bunch of fresh juices at the cheap juice place in Playa (2nd/25th), but I'm not sure if there's anything similar in Cozumel. Juice there runs about 30-40 pesos per liter. I will probably be staying near La Choza and would love to find something nearby.

It 's called La Sirenita and it's on 30th and 1st. Orange bldg on the east side of the street. Fresh squeezed juice of all kinds. " Jugos Naturales 100%"

Last edited:
Across from Burger King, and its a bit more than than 30-40 pesos

There's a vegan restaurant very close to La Choza and they make awesome juice. It's not cheap but it is excellent and made before your eyes. I forget its name (I think it's named after the owner's dog or something like that...). Maybe Calle 3? It's up the street from the Telmex building; I always stop in there and buy a juice when I go to pay my phone bill.

You do realilze that after the first few hours it's nothing but sugar right? No longer fresh fruit juice - unless you buy it daily and drink it quickly

You do realilze that after the first few hours it's nothing but sugar right? No longer fresh fruit juice - unless you buy it daily and drink it quickly
I don't know where you're getting that from but it isn't true. Fresh fruit juice stored in a fridge is just fine for 3 days. I generally buy enough for 2-3 days and repeat.

How Long Does Fresh Juice Last - Juicing Nation

I'm intrigued, too. Are you referring to degradation of vitamins over time? Even so, I wouldn't say that nothing of value remains but sugar. Assuming it's not overly filtered, there is some fiber.

Speaking as a health professional who likes juice, I don't assume I'm getting any significant health benefits at all and that the health consequences of drinking fruit juice are about the same as drinking sugar water. Tastes a lot better, though.

That said, I get fresh orange, grapefruit, and lime juices at La Sirenita several times a week, and coconut water and non-citrus (carrot, beet, etc.) juices occasionally. There are several other good places (particularly at the Mercado Municipal or a stand at Calle 11 and 10 Av) but their hours are less predictable and La Sirenita is by my bank and barber. If you're staying near La Choza, head north on 10 Av to Calle Dr. Adolfo Rosado Salas, turn right and go 2 blocks to the Mercado Municipal (which is between 20 and 25 Av) where there are lots of cool little shops including a greengrocer that sells juices. There's parking there and that's where we get guayaberas, molcajetes, and birdcages, so that's where most of our juice comes from apart from La Sirenita.

Back
Top Bottom