Good dive light recommended

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wk20s_runtime.svg
Your y-axis clearly states "estimated" and not measured. So is that graph simply a simulation or did you eyeball the output?

Your y-axis clearly states "estimated" and not measured. So is that graph simply a simulation or did you eyeball the output?
Lol If they eyeballed the 2k or even 1k luman light maybe that’s why they can’t read the chart too well. Lol

Lol If they eyeballed the 2k or even 1k luman light maybe that’s why they can’t read the chart too well. Lol
Lol, it has no influence when you use it. It will slow down steps not fast and suddenly.

oh, it can up to 2000 lumen. Why we can't called it 2000 lumen flashlight?Lol
Because it would imply that 2000 lumens would be available for some significant part of the dive, not 3-5 minutes (estimated from the graph).

I could get a Smart Car to 200km/h if I chose a steep enough hill, but marketing it as a "200km/hr car" would lose me a lot of sales when people got upset at the misleading advertising.

I understand the reasoning and motivation for you to market it as a 2000 lumen light, but my advice would be to market it with reference to the light level a real diver will see throughout their (one hour) dive, that way you will not get a bad reputation.

Underpromise, overdeliver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom