Good dive light recommended

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah...calling something a 2000 lumen lite that only operates at that level for 3-5 minutes is crap.

oh, it can up to 2000 lumen. Why we can't called it 2000 lumen flashlight?Lol
As everyone like myself has pointed out. A light that operates for a min at 2k is not a 2k light. It’s even being generous calling it a 1k light with the drops in lumans

I could get a Smart Car to 200km/h if I chose a steep enough hill, but marketing it as a "200km/hr car" would lose me a lot of sales when people got upset at the misleading advertising.

Ever hear of Joe Isuzu? :wink:

yeah...calling something a 2000 lumen lite that only operates at that level for 3-5 minutes is crap.
High lumens means high outputs, it will generate powerful heat, to protect the flashlight.Our engineer design auto downstep to low mode.
Can you provide a dive flashlight with 2000 lumens? and its running time is above 5 minutes.

As everyone like myself has pointed out. A light that operates for a min at 2k is not a 2k light. It’s even being generous calling it a 1k light with the drops in lumans
In our opinion, we insist on our design idea. There also are many people support us and trust us and like your product. Meanwhile, I also transfer your thought to our engineer,thanks.

High lumens means high outputs, it will generate powerful heat, to protect the flashlight.Our engineer design auto downstep to low mode.
Can you provide a dive flashlight with 2000 lumens? and its running time is above 5 minutes.

that just means you need better heatsinking, which should be fairly trivial considering you can take advantage of water cooling in a dive light. there are plenty of lights that do more than 2000 lumens for extended run times from dive rite, halcyon, underwater light dude, etc. even big blue and archon can do better than 2000 lumens. it just won't work with a single 18650 or 26650 battery at current energy densities.

that just means you need better heatsinking, which should be fairly trivial considering you can take advantage of water cooling in a dive light. there are plenty of lights that do more than 2000 lumens for extended run times from dive rite, halcyon, underwater light dude, etc. even big blue and archon can do better than 2000 lumens. it just won't work with a single 18650 or 26650 battery at current energy densities.
May i know how long the big blue could work on the state of 2000 lumen? Could you please offer us a product link? I want to purchase one to discover our insufficient. Thanks

May i know how long the big blue could work on the state of 2000 lumen? Could you please offer us a product link? I want to purchase one to discover our insufficient. Thanks
Easy! Just cross the street. It is the factory in front of yours :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom