Good dry suits...$1500 range

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://www.diverssupplyinc.net/browse.cfm/4,1408.htm

I dive 2 of these. Plus a DUI CF200 and a Gates and viking rubber suit. Yes, I have that many. My DUI sit's in the closet. These suits are bullet proof. They have a tech version that is a little more with the pockets on it. And, you can't beat there price. Even if you buy this suit you still have money to get pockets sewn on and a P valve installed.

Gates VSN1100. Is on par for strength with the DUI CF200 and CLX450. I prefer the Gates as I don't like the overlap on the DUI suits.

It isn't front zip. But they make a front zip. Call them and ask what they can do.

No, I'm in St. Louis. I don't work for them. But, I've bought stuff from them. And, not a suit either. KM 17k Helmet and Surface supply panel.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback...I stay perfectly warm diving off the NC coast in the Winter with my 7mm, but my deco instructor is suggesting I go ahead and invest. I did see one benefit diving a drysuit over diving a 7mm. While I was coming out of the 7mm and shivering my *** off, my instructor was laughing at me while he was wearing his warm dry undergarments:)

My Bare HD trilam was under $1500 , im just learning to dive it , but its suppost to be a pretty dam good suit

DUI TLS 350se is right in your range. I would toss a few more dollars in and get knee pads and pockets.

For around that you can get an os systems hd pro with hood, bag, heavy and light undergarments, neck ring and commercial dry glove system, and relief zipper, front entry. Mine was a little more than that because I went semi- custom. But was still less than 1700 including tax and shipping from our lds.

I highly recommend this drysuit. It is very well made and comes with all the options. Suspenders, 2 thigh pockets, front zipper and attached rubber boots. Very nice, durabl e seals.

For $1500, this suit is a steal. I've owned $2,600 suits that don't come anywhere near the quality of the Evolution 2

The Viking Xtreme that I own has been an excellent purchase. Heck, you can probably get Viking undies and the dry suit for less than your price. Contact Bob3 here on this site, as he is an authorized dealer.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Everyone is giving good advice. I like bare and dive rite in that price range. You could also get a DUI with some limited options. The viking extreme is probably in your price range to and is a really tough material.

I have sold alot of the bare and dive rite suits. People seem to like both of them.

Brent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom