good fins for wetsuit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So Ive only ever dove dry except for 2 dives in mexico with cheap cheap $30 fins
I have 2 liveaboards booked which will both be warm water Feb 2020 maldives and may 2020 red sea
when I did the red sea this year Jan 2019 i took my drysuit and just wore t shirt and boxers underneath but these 2 trips will be much warmer. I have a 3/2 mm wetsuit Im going to take but Im pretty sure ill be able to get away with just a rash guard.

what fins do people use for wetsuit diving? I currently use turtle fins but 1- i think they will be too heavy and 2- i think the pocket is too lose for the separate wetsuit boots i have.

i have a handful of friends with pools that Im going to bribe to use to sort out my harness and weighting.

current experience level is TDI extended range and currently doing advanced wreck

thanks!

I use my dry suit fins with my 3 mm wetsuit. Just cinch them up tight, and they should not come off.

Works for me, but may not work for other divers.

Divegoose

When I am boat diving only in warm water I use a full foot fin. My favorite is Mares Avanti Quattro they are great in current as well.

The Mares Avanti Quattro are the fins that I use as well. With the quick open buckles, the fins are very easy to remove once I get to the ladder of the boat. Agreed - they are good in current as well.

Divegoose

I use split fins. I have used various full foot fins over decades snorkeling but usually found they irritated my feet and at times wore socks. To be honest, I didn't know one would use different fins diving wet vs. dry. I've never dived dry and never thought to ask.
I use the spring straps, which many recommend instead of buckles.

Another Mares fan here too... for warm water diving with a thin neoprene sock the full foot Avanti Quattro really allows you to zoom through current.
I also have the open-heeled strap Avanti Quattro for cooler water diving, and while still a good fin it lags noticeably behind the full foot version in current.

I use the same fins for drysuit or wetsuit, except in a smaller size. Mares Super Channels or Apeks RK3 HDs in my case. I should think "too heavy" can be rectified pretty easily by slightly adjusting your tank up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom