Good New Years Eve Resort for 2009?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dadvocate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, everyone!

I am going to be diving with my girl on the Colona VI from December 20-26. We will return and stay one night in Phuket to dry things off. After that we are looking for a resort-like place to stay that has a sandy beach access, a decent breakfast menu, and some nightlife nearby so that we can party on New Years Eve with fun people. We would like to avoid resorts that have a mandatory charge for New Year festivities. That is not our scene.

We were hoping to book ahead of time, but thought twice about that when all the trouble started up earlier last month. Then we figured perhaps some resorts would be offering good deals to entice people to come their way, so we opted to play it by ear and try once we were there.

The location is not too much of an issue other than that it should not be directly in Phuket. We could even do a short flight if necessary. I donÃÕ know the area very well, so I thought I would ask if any of you in the know could recommend some good places for post-liveaboard relaxation. For all intents and purposes we are a midrange couple.

Any ideas you have are welcomed so that I have a starting point when we return from the trip.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Cheers!

We just left the Amari Coral Beach Resort in Patong and had a great time there. Its far enough off the path to be quite, has its own private beach areas, and snorking from its jetty, and amazing breakfast. I saw they have a few events planned for NYE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom