Good place to work on skills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So now that we have establishe there are lots of places to go. All that remains are the following:
1. This rain to stop and 3 days to pass to let the bacteria levels calm down a bit.
2. Physical training. You can do that now. Are you running and/or bicycling?
3. Pick a date and location.
4. Call a dive partner, perferrably one with a bit more experience.
5. Go diving.

http://www.sandeaters.org has a dive every Sunday (and dive site descriptions and directions) and an e-mail list you can ping and say, I want to go diving and someone will usally come back to you with a "lets go" or post a message here and get just about the same result.

Thank you all for your responses. One thing that I’m learning fast is that the community of divers here in So. Cal are very generous in sharing their time, knowledge and passion for diving with novice divers. Not to sound to sappy, but I really appreciate the warm welcome - very cool!

Mo2vation - I’ll definitely check out the Cat Dive Park.

Pasley - That’s awesome. I’ll take you up on that offer once the conditions improve. The sandeaters’ dive sounds great considering Sundays are my only day off.

Diver Jan - I’m in near Uptown Whittier, right off of Greanleaf and Beverly. I work in the South Bay area constantly moving between San Pedro and Redondo Beach. The Reef seekers class looks pretty cool.

Hermosadive, Headhunter and ScottFiji - Thanks for the tip. I think I’ll go check out Veterans Park tomorrow morning just to scope out the area and conditions.

quevola28:
Thank you all for your responses. One thing that I’m learning fast is that the community of divers here in So. Cal are very generous in sharing their time, knowledge and passion for diving with novice divers. Not to sound to sappy, but I really appreciate the warm welcome - very cool!

Yes, SoCal divers rock...

Everything everyone has said is great. Jan and I both belong to the SOCDC and SouthCoastDivers is a spinoff. South Coast Divers dives every Fri, Sat, and Sunmorning at 7:30 am, most Wed at 8:30, and every other Monday/ Tuesday nights at 6:30. You don't have to be a member and we welcome all divers. Its a great place to get some more practice with more experienced divers and find a dive buddy. A lot of divers start here and branch off with several buddies down the line.

Go to southcoastdivers.com to get on an email list... or to OCDivebums.com for a different list.

Sea you in the water!
L

I would definately recommend Shaw's Cove in Laguna Beach. Easy access, shallow water, stuff to see, great dive shop close. I think they have an U/W navigation course set up too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom