GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from the Caribbean and wall, reef and shark dives! Used the Eye of Mine flat GoPro housing. No filter, so the colors are bluer, as expected. I went with EOM since it was a complete housing & I was able to use my stock housing above water, for other activities, with no worries. I'll link some vids when I edit them.

@Juandiman - cool footage!

I just ordered my Blurfix kit and polarizing filter (for skiing in Colorado in a few weeks) and will get my red filter this summer prior to diving.

My wife and I are trying to decide where to go this summer for anniversary trip / vacation. Thinking of Curacao in the southern Caribbean for vacation and diving. Can't wait.

Hi all,

I seem to be getting a bit of water in my Blurfix housing, and it looks to be leaking in from the rear. Is it going to compromise the waterproof abilities of the housing if i unscrew the Blurfix, remove the silicone and try and reassemble? Does anyone have any tips? Thanks

If you didn't install it correctly you can take it off clean up the silicone and redo it, this will have no effect on your gopro's housing waterproof ability. This can be redone as many times as you like not that you should need to just make sure you put enough silicone between the housing and blurfix next time and you shouldn't have any issues.

Also remember to give it 24 hours to set the silicone seal before putting it underwater. Watch this video if your not sure what youve done wrong and follow this and you should have no issues.

[video=youtube;CDwBSmNFA9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDwBSmNFA9M&feature=related[/video]

I have the GoProHD with the EoM housing, and the video is sharp, but blue (at any significant depth). Fun, but I would like more natural and real color for an upcoming Indonesia trip. New to underwater video, pretty clueless in fact, but I know that I will never have time to correct with software.

Looking at the Backscatter housing with the "red magic" filter. Would this be better/equivalent to cyan? Better option? I would love any opinions or experience you might have.

Anyone want a good deal on an EoM? :)

Thanks,

Bill

I just got my GoPro Hero 2 + BlurFix Lens. Just finished posting a video using it while scallop diving in Boston Harbor. So far I think the quality is great, especially considering it was my first time ever using the camera. I still need to play with the viewing angle a bit. I should have pointed the camera down a bit when I was scallop diving, part of video I wanted to take is cut off so you dont see my hands grabbing the scallops

Also noticed I get slight vignetting on surface in 1080p mode, is this normal? I had the flat lens attached on surface. Should I have taken it off?

Scallop Diving with Boston Scuba (February 20th, 2012) - YouTube

Think you need to use one of the color correction filters for underwater like that. That looks like some very green water. They have both a cyan and green filter for different water types for the blurfix. Marty could probably best provide guidance.

Back
Top Bottom