GoPro Hero3 announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure Marty, rub it in. But need I point out the inaccuracy of the very next thing you said in comment #18? :D

At least I can track back to where the misconception started on GoPro's website:

Yea well even Abe said manual wb options but I wasnt sure what he meant by it so thats where my other point was there. He should know for sure but I wasn't sure what he meant as the options are manual wb just not to the extent that some were after and I asked him but he hasnt got back to me yet.

this video shows the low light difference, and the audio difference. Not scuba diving but you get the idea.

[video=youtube;NDwlaBawfNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDwlaBawfNk&feature=g-subs-c[/video]

Interesting. I wonder how much of this is being exposed through ProTune and how much is from actual hardware changes.

Interesting. I wonder how much of this is being exposed through ProTune and how much is from actual hardware changes.

Definitely. Doesn't make sense to match up protune to nonprotune.

Maybe someone here who is getting a GP3 can do a video for us!

For whoever is interested, I emailed SNR to see if the new Dome Cy Slip-over Filter that finally came out today is compatible with the new GoPro Hero 3, and here is their answer:
"Our new Dome filter DOES NOT fit the new Hero 3. However, we've just gotten our Hero 3 in and are working on ideas for a Dome for it."

Steep price for it too...$83. Ouch.

I know it's not diving, but the first comparison I've seen with the stock housings, between the gopro 2 and 3

[video=youtube;GbNTzel5vVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbNTzel5vVg[/video]

The guy just wasted his time comparing the stock housing underwater. We all know it doesn't work.

I'd like to see a comparison of the Hero2 Dive housing with the new Hero3 stock housing in a dive. Has anyone found video of that yet?

Back
Top Bottom