GoPro Hero3 announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to see a comparison of the Hero2 Dive housing with the new Hero3 stock housing in a dive. Has anyone found video of that yet?

They are both a flat piece of glass in a rectangular frame that are going to do the exact same thing... camera differences aside.

---------- Post Merged at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Meaning, any differences are going to be from the camera itself.. reviewing one flat port housing against the other is a bit pointless, unless its about filter options.

Any more info on battery life?

I shore dive with the 3D housing. That system is flakey enough I need to power on before entering the water & don't usually power off till I'm back on land. With any decent bottom time and surface swim that totals to over an hour.

The 64gb internal storage piece, the silver/black on the description. I just called a store here and the salesperson said (mostly by not knowing that the White version is actually Silver/Black) that it was the "Silver" version.

The 64gb internal storage piece, the silver/black on the description. I just called a store here and the salesperson said (mostly by not knowing that the White version is actually Silver/Black) that it was the "Silver" version.

Built-In Camera Megapixels : 5.000

Looks like the white

$199.99 is the correct price for the GoPro White.
Or did I miss something?

The description at Le Tarjhay says:

GoPro HERO3 Digital Camcorder (CHDHE-301) with 64GB Internal Storage - Silver/Black

Technically, the physical color of the camera is silver and black. The confusion comes from the fact that the GoPro model names are also colors (white/silver/black).

They are both a flat piece of glass in a rectangular frame that are going to do the exact same thing... camera differences aside.

---------- Post Merged at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Meaning, any differences are going to be from the camera itself.. reviewing one flat port housing against the other is a bit pointless, unless its about filter options.

I think that's actually what most of us want to see at least for the Hero 3 Black, which has a new sensor and hardware. We're interested in seeing differences in the camera itself compared to the Hero2 for underwater use; including image quality, resolution, WB, color rendition, low light performance, field of view, audio, bitrate/protune performance, etc. The most apples to apples test would be flat port versus flat port. Filter performance can be an additional variable.

---------- Post Merged at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Murf - is that the Hero 3 black edition they're testing against the Hero 2?

I think that's actually what most of us want to see at least for the Hero 3 Black, which has a new sensor and hardware. We're interested in seeing differences in the camera itself compared to the Hero2 for underwater use; including image quality, resolution, WB, color rendition, low light performance, field of view, audio, bitrate/protune performance, etc. The most apples to apples test would be flat port versus flat port. Filter performance can be an additional variable.

---------- Post Merged at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Murf - is that the Hero 3 black edition they're testing against the Hero 2?

the last video I posted is with the hero3 and the on auto white balance. Should have my hero3 in a couple weeks. says it will ship out on November 14th so let's hope that's the case!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom