Gopro red light of Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My gopro black 3 cannot be turn on. I have fully recharged the battery, but when i press the on button it won't turn on, and i saw a red light at the back of the gopro is on whn i press the turn on button. Any idea how to fix it and what had caused this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Try putting in a different battery. Maybe the one you have has shorted out or something. I really don't know, it is something I would probably try though.

Unfortunately, I had the same issue with mine and tried all the tricks to try and reset and none of them worked. Ultimately, I had to send it back for a replacement.

My gopro black 3 cannot be turn on. I have fully recharged the battery, but when i press the on button it won't turn on, and i saw a red light at the back of the gopro is on whn i press the turn on button. Any idea how to fix it and what had caused this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Firstly, how did you charge it?

Did you use a wall charger or computer USB port?

Did you use the original USB charging cable? If not, that could be the issue. Use only the original cable supplied. Many are wired differently.

You could try a Hard Reset...

1. Remove your MicroSD memory card
2. Remove your battery
3. Hold down the Shutter Button
4. While holding down the Shutter Button, replace the battery and power on your GoPro Camera
5. If your GoPro Cameras powers on you will see “NO SD CARD” displayed
6. Turn off the GoPro Camera
7. Insert your MicroSD memory card
8. Power on as normal
9. Erase All/Format the memory card
10. Take photo

Back
Top Bottom