GoPro stolen from checked luggage, Cancun -> SFO flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you file a claim with the airline? I had a similar experience when flying on Alaska from Cancun. My leatherman was lifted from my bag, contacted the airline and they reimbursed replacement. Your homeowners/renters/travel insurance might cover it as well
yeah dealing with United now for reimbursement. Hopefully they can make me whole.

Good luck! Hopefully things have changed and/or are airline dependent and work in your favor. Years ago I was coming back from Bonaire and had an electric razor stolen from my checked baggage and the airline wiggled out of reimbursement because it was an "electronic item" and they had a clause in their checked baggage policy that they were not responsible for the loss of electronics in checked bags. I have never checked an electronic item since then.

Another good option for labels. I was able to fit my name and phone number on these. Which one is a better deal will depend upon how many labels you get. The ones on www.divinglabels.com don't seem to list the quantity. It may be listed and I missed it. These on Amazon come with 139 labels. I've labeled pretty much everything and still have over 100 left.

Hi Divin'Papaw, Hope it is ok to respond at such a late date. Would like to point out a few differences in the labels you posted and ours. We don't advertise a number since we allow clients to customize the layout. If they want all smalls that is what they get at no additionsl charge. They are charging $32.5 we are charging $22.99. We give free delivery worldwide and they do not. We are machine cut with rounded corners. Theirs are straight cut with square corners. We offer 2 lines where you can add an email or phone. We offer glossy or Matte lamination. We give a free set of dive label car stickers. We alway send a layout for approval prior to printing. We will do sometimes mutiple approvals. We use original 3M material for the reflective. We will send Express if the customer wants. If we get a bulk order we will send express at times due to the volume. We give $2 credit per label for express shipping. We are easy to work with also and love what we do. www.divinglabels.com

Back
Top Bottom