Got certified yesterday!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After a day of lugging tanks into the diveshop to get filled...lugging them back out and putting them in my trunk..managing to do a beach dive with an extra 40lbs on my back...wrestling with waves and surg...having a looooong surface swim back to my starting point (I'm NOT a good compass reader!)...loading everything back into my car..then into the house to rinse it all off...I normally feel like I've competed in the olympics!

And, to me the competition is with me. Better breathing..better skills..more confidence. So, I definitely say Diving is a sport! (now...I want to get paid as much as NFL football players!!)

MM Congrats. Another "Water Rat" This is great. Soon we will take over the world (seaworld) and rule. Diving is a sport cause when we rule the world we will say so. Butch :whoa:

MM -

Allow me to add my congratulations to the many others you have received. You made it in spite of your earlier trepidations. Feels pretty good, doesn't it?

As for scuba being a sport, you can make it whatever you want it to be. If you need competition in order to qualify as a sport, compete against the severest critic of all, yourself! Make yourself a little better diver each time you hit the water. Make your instructor proud.

Above all, enjoy this wonderful activity/sport/whatever because you are located in one of the best places for doing it in the country.

Cheers,

Warren

Hey MM - congrats! Another scubajunkie joins the throng...

Whatever you do know, make sure you dive often and always dive safe, of course!

Cheers, Mermaid Ears
:)

Hey MM,

Congrats and kudos for getting past your instructor... did he ask you to pull his finger underwater??? If not please refer to the Warhammer Maneuver for proper elucidation...

As for SCUBA diving being a sport: You have to be a sport to spend all of this money for a precious few minutes underwater??? That or a complete idiot... or maybe just a tad "Mad"... eh Mario???

:all:

Yes my fellow divers, I truly believe diving is a sport.
Let's face it: I've heard underwater basket weaving to be a sport. NUFF SAID.

And, like "The Rock" would tell someone who argued diving is not a sport: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!"

My husband made reservations to dive off Key Largo this Saturday at a reef called "Molasses Reef". I truly cannot wait. But I have to tell everyone (and I wasn't going to say this--as mushy as it sounds) I feel proud of myself. Once a sheltered girl, I feel I have truly accomplished an obstacle and now it is something I love and enjoy.

And the best feeling of all: My husband is proud of me and he has told everyone. Ok, "The Rock" would tell me off if he heard my mushiness!

Also--all of your well wishes toward me mean a lot!

Too bad I'm at a surface interval right now,

Congratulations my dear bud!!!

Now we have to get you the AOW certification.....wait til I get you "narked"!!!!! (heeheehee)

.... proud of yerself, girlie! Certifying is a major achievement and you can give yourself several pats on the back.

Enjoy your new obsession to the fullest - I know I am!

:)

Great job,

I understand how your husband feels 'cause I was there too. It took awhile of my wife watching me dive and enjoying it to decide to get certified. Now I'm not allowed to go without her.

I love being a Texan, but if I weren't a Texan I would wanna live in Florida. No state income tax, nice warm weather, and some fantastic diving.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom