Got My DM - But I Don't Want to Dive "This Way"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. getting them buoyant isn't always the solution. Panicked divers tend to hold their breath - turning them into a Polaris missile isn't smart.

2. There are people who would remain negatively buoyant even after you ditched that token weight, unless you overweight them until they need a full BCD just to stay off the bottom. Is THAT your strategy? If so, it's insane.

My thoughts have been perfectly consistent. You just need to pay attention to your reading. For starters, we weren't even discussing open water, we were discussing classes in the pool. Second, I didn't oppose weight where it's needed to make the diver neutral.

I said SURFACE. Damn, pay attention!

BFW, you're a piece of work...

And, a waste of my time. Have fun beating your head against the wall folks, I'm outta here...

I said SURFACE. Damn, pay attention!

No difference. There are people who would be negative ANYWHERE, EVEN AFTER YOU DITCH THE WEIGHT. So you're saying you'd overweight them to where they had to turn their vest into a giant blood pressure cuff just to float.

I can approach a panicked diver and get to their power inflator as easily as their weight release, especially in these days of a bajillion different approaches to integrated weight releases. I can also get to the inflator easier without entering their field of vision, which relieves me of the need to engage in a wrestling match.

Some people are hell bent on overweighting, and to heck with the facts.

Somebody shoot it again ... it ain't dead yet ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bang! Bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom