Got my wife underwater for the first time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally had an opportunity to get my wife to try out scuba diving. I got a tank and got her in my gear and in we went for a few minutes of "scuba 101" before I went on a night lionfish shore dive. She loved it! She was very nervous going into it, but we took it slow and easy and once she finally got up the nerve to go underwater it was a done deal. Now I've got to get her certified!

P9090006.jpgP9090011.jpgP9090013.jpg

In the pre-dive photo her smile looks a bit "forced", lol. Scuba Club Cozumel is a great location, enjoy having a new future dive buddy :)

Good job. I wish my wife could dive, but high blood pressure & claustrophobia--not from being underwater, but from seeing me in the 7 mil get-up. So, it's same old "instabuddyville".

Congratulations! I agree that she looks a little dubious in the first picture -- should have taken a photo of the post-dive grin!

Congratulations! I'm a little jealous. My wife tried the intro to scuba with me while on vacation. She didn't like it. Now she only has two requirements for me regarding scuba. First, I come home safe after every dive. Second, I never ask her to try scuba again. Enjoy diving with your wife.

Yes, she was mortified at first! It took all the calm, convincing, trusting persuasion that I could lay on to get her in the water. After that she and another friend snorkeled above us after dark, something that she would have never done before! I am very excited to have a new dive buddy.

(And you'll notice I started her out right...long hose, bp/w) :D

Last edited:
Wish I could get my ex wife to dive.....preferably without the gear.

Hah. Then she wouldn't know how much better my life is now :D

(And you'll notice I started her out right...long hose, bp/w) :D

I refrained from commenting to prevent a DIR argument/hijack, but did notice :wink:

I was a diving for 5 year before my wife got certified. Let me tell you, it's great to have a diver spouse to travel and dive with. And Debbie is a terrific diver. I never pushed her- she arrived at a point where she said she was ready. Don't press the issue, guide her gently, and whatever you do, stay away from her certification classes and dives, unless she asks you to join her. Trust me on this. Let it be her call if you are around or not. Don't volunteer help, but give it IF ASKED. ( Oh yea, here's a memo to jar546 - Thanks for the post. I was thinking what you were thinking. But you expressed it much more delicately that I might have. )
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom