Got some cash burning a hole in my pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panga Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys, need some help on how to spend some extra cash I have come across. Im stuck between taking the Nitrox course or buying a Computer. My biggest problem with taking the course is its 190.00 bucks which I think is crazy for re learning to use tables and some math problems. And my biggest problem with buying a comp is i have hundreds of dives without one, why by one now? I know I eventually should have both so which would yall do first?

Thanks
Panga Man

You should send your extra money to me and I can come dive SC and certify you for Nitrox for nuthin'. :D

Last edited:
For $100 I'll answer your question. :)

I thought I saw specials where you could get the Nitrox course for free at certain locations. Maybe it was a local thing in either the Cayman's or Bonaire as I have been to both this past year.

Buy the comp! Make it a Nitrox compatable! Dive air untill you find someone who will teach you how to use Nitrox for a fair price!
See you topside! John

a computer will give you a lot more bottom time if you're diving multilevel profiles, sometimes 50+% more.....

So I guess the early consensus would be a comp.

Rescue Diver: I will take you out in my boat here in SC and pay for your fills in trade for a nitrox card!

$190 for the nitrox course sounds a little steep, my LDS charges $125 and I seem to recall we got some free fill cards too (my LDS is big on Nitrox - same price as air for EAN32).

Get a nitrox compatible computer, as as pointed out earlier using the tables assumes a square profile. Get one that can download your profiles (or get a gekko and then software to unlock it) - they're actually very interesting to review.

I plan to be in Charleston over Easter.

How often are you planning on diving on Nitrox? If not too often then buy the computer like others said.

If you were to want to dive Nitrox now, then you should get the cert. You can always use the table to dive until you get enough fund for a computer, or rent a computer when you go out for a dive.

Back
Top Bottom