Grand Cayman Best Scuba Lodging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Revid1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are considering going back to GC after having been there almost 10 years ago. Made the mistake of staying on 7 mile beach. Diving not the best. Dove on the North Wall one day and it was great! Looking for a nice place to stay that is close to the best diving on island. Could be an all inclusive but doesn't have to be if there is food close by. Would like to be in place that is comparable to the diving on Little Cayman. Also, is the weather/diving better the first part of November or in March/April. These are the two times that I would have availability. Thanks.

We stayed on Grand Cayman in March, wind blew and the water was cold. The two resorts I have stayed and would go to again and would recommend are Cobalt Coast and diving with DiveTech or Sunset House and diving with Sunset Divers.
If you want to dive north wall, then you want to stay at Cobalt Coast and dive with DiveTech. Weather permitting (key words here), they will dive north wall nearly every day.
To dive the sites off SMB you can stay and dive at Sunset House. Both are great locations, and as I said, I would stay at either one of them again.
Check their websites for more info.
Cayman Islands Scuba Diving Resort
Cobalt Coast Dive Resort - dive and vacation packages in Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba diving cayman island scuba resort cayman scuba training cayman cayman island scuba grand cayman scuba dive cayman islands scuba diving scuba diving in grand cayman scuba diving cayman scuba diving on gran

Thanks for the reply. I have heard before that it is rather windy and diving the North Wall is dependent on the wind. I was in Belize in March and found the water temp to be fine at 79 degrees. Is the water that much different in the Caymans? How many times did you miss diving North Wall because of the wind? Just don't want to go and find it impossible to dive. Thanks.

I have been to East End of Grand Cayman, and I thought that diving there was great. I stayed at Compass Point (they are condos, very nice), and the onsite dive op is Ocean Frontiers, and they are great. It is one of my favorite spots in the Caribbean, nice topography, swim throughs, walls, etc. I was there in summer, and I do not know the conditions in March, but they will give you an honest answer, I am sure.

My LDS refers the Cobalt Coast operation to people who ask the same question as the OP!

A question to former visitors to Cobalt Coast: Did you enroll in the meal plan at the resort?

we don't, other than the breakfast that's part of the dive package. The food is good and we'll eat maybe most lunches and a couple dinners there when we're lazy, but I would get tired of eating there all the time and be itching to head out to other restaurants, there's so many good ones. We always rent a car.

I was talking to a dive operation in GC. They relayed that my chances of diving the North Wall in November is not good because of the wind. If this is true, I would want to go at a different time of the year? Thanks.

hey, try morritts tortuga - they have a red sail sports right on the beach very queit and close to sting ray city. A time share set up but I think if you contact them directly they accept non members. Dive boats were right out front ,clean - new and staff was great. Really close to grocery story across street. Enjoy !!

Back
Top Bottom