Grand Cayman Diving Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mike

It took a bit for it to work (like you said you need a decent connection!) but once I managed to watch it I really enjoyed it. I was especially impressed with the graphics that you put together for the vid. Very nice!! Was there a particular software package you used for that?

Cheers, Simon

who's the nekkid chick? wooHOO!!!! - i agree w/simonspear.... the graphics were double schweet - i WANT to dive that gorgeous crevice.

just my $0.02 - make the video available for download..... it kept pausing - i'm guessing from the Internet connection.

ps: simon.... i'm gonna put in a VOTE that that the graphics were done w/FLASH...

No flash at all... I made the graphics with photoshop and animated it with after effects and then put it together with final cut. If you don't have a decent internet connection it could take a real long time. The windows media file is 20mb. On a dial up it takes like an hour, but on a cable modem it usually streams with no wait at all. Thanks for the compliments. The dive with the 12 foot tall mermaid statue was the same dive as the little wreck. There wasn't really much else to see on those dives besides what I shot. The reef around both of them was dead.
Mike

bayondai:
No flash at all... I made the graphics with photoshop and animated it with after effects and then put it together with final cut.
Mike

cool... i should have changed my answer AFTER i saw your 'demo' reel.... omg... that was schweet! most impressive! i'm lucky to be able to 'work' the transitions in PPro... hehehehe

Thanks again for the compliments... I use a sony vx2100 camera and a sea & sea vx2100 pro housing. I haven't used any lights yet, but I am considering picking up a pair. I was just reading about the nocturnal lights http://www.nocturnallights.com/ and they seem pretty good. Has anyone tried them? Lucky for me that I have been diving in spots where I don't really need the lights, but there was a few spots where they would have been nice. The camera is rated as one of the best for low light situations and that is why I got it, but if you are under a ledge and it is pitch black there is nothing you can do.
I am happy that you thought the rap music worked out. I just wanted to try something different. I thought the song was pretty fluid and it fit what I was doing. I think that was one of the hardest parts in this video. I went through my ipod which has a ton of songs and that one seemed to work best.
Thanks Again,
Mike

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that my website and graphics reel are about 4 years old. I forgot I even put the website link on here. LOL. I think I really have to update what I have been doing. When you click on the graphics reel link it either pops up a new window or does nothing for a few minutes and then just starts. I should probably fix that huh?
Mike

Hi Bayondai,

Feel free to contact us or any of our dealers that specialize in photo/videos if you have any questions :)

Back
Top Bottom