Great Lakes Diving in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverChix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wondering if anyone out there is an experienced divemaster and or instructor that would be willing to take me out for a dive in November? I tried to email a few LDS, but it looks like the diving pretty much stops in October. I am an experienced California diver, and I am going to be in the Great Lakes area in November to see my son graduate from boot camp (Navy). I am flying out a few days early, hoping to avoid any travel delays and possibly doing a dive on Tuesday, November 20th. Anyone out there that can give me some advice or lead me to someone who would be a great divemaster, willing to take me out for a dive? I am used to diving cold water and I would have my own gear, including drysuit. I would only need a tank and weights.

Thanks for the help,

Tessa

The dive boat Len-Der goes out of Milwaukee all year round. I believe they only do one or two trips a month in the winter, but they still go. Brrrrrrrr!!!

The Len-Der
318 S Water Street
Milwaukee, WI 53204
United States of America
Work: (414) 482-1430
E-Mail: JerryGuyer@msn.com
Mobile: (414) 588-6764

Where will you be? Our boat is out of the water but there's a couple of good wreck dives accessible from shore around Port Huron/Sarnia at the mouth of the Clinton River at the Southern end of Lake Huron...

Great Lakes is north of Chicago. Second Len-der, see also Ship wreck adventures out of Two Rivers WI.

Are you interested in inland lake dives as well?
I'm still diving. How does Devil's Lake at Baraboo, WI sound?

I am getting confused on the places people are posting back to me. My son is stationed in Great Lakes, Illinois. Here are the directions they give on their website:

Naval Station (NAVSTA) Great Lakes and Recruit Training Command (RTC) are located approximately 35 miles north of Chicago, in the far northeastern corner of Illinois. The Wisconsin state line is approximately 16 miles north of NAVSTA/RTC.

So, I am staying approx. 4 miles from the RTC. If I could get in a dive on Tuesday, November 20th, that would be great - I will need to figure out how far the dive sites are from this location.

Thanks for your help everyone -

Tessa​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom