Great Whites in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Discovery Channel had a special which showed Great Whites transited from Farralon Island off of Monterey to Hawaii via a Great White super highway. There is a video showing a guy in the water with one of of Oahu a few years back.

I work for Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures. When I talked to the folks at Great White Adventures in California, they asked me to forward them pictures. They replied immediately that it was a 15-1/2' female which they could tell from the notch on her dorsal fin. We saw her on March 24, 2012. The last sighting of her had been in Ana Nuevo, California on December 8, 2011. We had two kids on the boat that day, an 11 year old (his birthday) and 15 year old. They, of course, got the pictures and were doing school reports when they got back home. Even funnier is that when the first couple of guys came up on the boat and told the captain that they saw a huge shark, he said, "Everything is 25% bigger underwater. It was probably 5-6' long." Then when he saw the pictures/video, said, "Never mind!!!!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom