Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toni I am in the Keys coming this Thursday. So we need to get together so that I can give you that weight belt sistuh. Get a hold of me.

Cool Miss thank you. I will send you a PM. Have a great time in the keys. Maybe next year we can join everyone. :D

Toni0620:
Cool Miss thank you. I will send you a PM. Have a great time in the keys. Maybe next year we can join everyone. :D

Don't you need it before this weekend??????

Three Dives Sunday with the Irish Wake​

The day was absolutely perfect. Fantastic seas and good company. We had an addition to the crew a mascot by the name of Brownie. :wink: We set off on time, 8.a.m. sharp. First site was about and hour and 15 out. Details:

First dive was some barge called The South Reef. Nothing spectacular at first glance. Viz was about 7 foot. Had just wrote my buddy that it is rare to spot hi-hat as we had just seen a pair. As we noodled along we then seen five in one space :shakehead A beautiful lone surgeon fish. This particular surgeon was not in my book so I can't identify him further. He sure was purty though :D Seen a stonefish as well. The current was kicking and knocked my hovering off a bit. So basically I scared him and he retreated too far back for my buddy to see, bummer.

Dive two Orange Tug: Crazy current, would not be good for newbies. Still pea soup. Maybe better than pea soup really, say ten feet. Seen the largest freaking hermit crab ever - he was on the verge of being the size of a stone crab. Four and a half fooot (wingspan) Southern Stingray. :chicken: Beautiful gliding along. Obviously, we couldn't watch him for long. Surprised three Cobia. They kind of looked at as us though to say, "where the hell did you come from"? From out of the pea soup of course, I thought to myself (dumb fish). One came within a foot from me. They were rather large. The Barracuda were keeping an eye on us, wanting to make sure everything was okay. They are so nice.:14: Couple of Goliaths.

Dive three was bla so I won't bother you with it. :)

I had a new dive buddy, SSKasser (best know as CurlyShirley), we worked really well together. Very nice. I suspect we will be diving together again. Beside that we seen the usual suspects; hogfish, snapper, stone crab, etc.

P.S. Naked/bikini diving as it was too warm for suits. I know this is bad and I do have a skin. I am sure I will learn my lesson. Or who knows I may smarten up b 4 then. :14: No matter it was a great day and as always I wish I was still under.

Miss

Couldn't have said it better myself! Great dives, great captain, great buddy, and great report!

CurlyShirley (aka WishingIWereGoingtotheKeysWithYall)

sskasser:
Miss

Couldn't have said it better myself! Great dives, great captain, great buddy, and great report!

CurlyShirley (aka WishingIWereGoingtotheKeysWithYall)

you could come for even a day! U can crash at my place n/c.

Missdirected:
Three Dives Sunday with the Irish Wake​

P.S. Naked/bikini diving as it was too warm for suits. I know this is bad and I do have a skin. I am sure I will learn my lesson. Or who knows I may smarten up b 4 then. :14: No matter it was a great day and as always I wish I was still under.

Why is this bad? "Dive naked" sounds like a cool tee shirt / motto to me :D

there is already a tshirt with that on it...."dive naked, everything looks bigger underwater" with a picture of a moray eel on it

It definitely has its benefits! :devil_smi

Very tempting! Wonder if there are any slots left on any of the boats. I'll have to do some research.

Missdirected:
you could come for even a day! U can crash at my place n/c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom