Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckedDiver:
There is always some other weekend.

And that weekend will be sometime late Aug.

If it's raining when your diving in a wet suit do you get wetter? Or just less salty?

If a scuba tank blows in the ocean and nobody is around does it make a sound?

If the good things in life are free how come air isn't?

And finally one for the master "de" baters which came first the scuba tank or the reg set?

Where is the mad scientist / inventive genius who can create mocha air or for those early morning dives espresso air. So many other flavours of air I'd like while diving fish & chips, seafood chowder, banana cream pie... I guess I'm just hungry!

SpawnOfZena:
And that weekend will be sometime late Aug.

That's a ways away! DM training must be more demanding than I remember it! Where is your group mapping for a project?

This weekend (gone by) Bowen Sat. Sunday almost diving at White Pine beach (ended up drinking instead) and swapping fish tales with an expert diver Ray that I haven't dove with in over a year.

iceselkie:
just wanted to add my name/raise my hand here. newb bc diver just certified two months ago at nanaimo living in kamloops. fill me in! thanks and hope to meet you!

How did you like freediving? I signed up then got sick/busy and lazy! (What else is a good excuse?) It was a lot of fun and the people in my class were all cool. I still say cheating with a flesh tone oxygen bottle would get me at least 5 mins static after a 60 minute breath up!

WreckedDiver:
That's a ways away! DM training must be more demanding than I remember it! Where is your group mapping for a project?

Well, on top of DM training, I'm taking Advanced Nitrox, Deco Proceedures, Extended Range, then Tech Wreck. Hopefully, I'll be done with all those by July 24th, then I hop on a plane to NS (for 2 weeks) to dive some wrecks, and wish my Dad a happy 70th. I return Aug 9th to finish the DM stuff.

It's not really a group mapping project. I'm going to map the Granthall. First I'm going to go film it and do a cd-rom version. Then if I've lots of time, I'm going to carve it out of a block of wood and mount it with depths and stuff. My empergency proceedures will be for Porteau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom