Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did the cut on monday and vis was good below 25' It was absolute soup until then though.

SpawnOfZena:
*sigh* I wish.
But think of all the fun your having doing your DM training! Here hump this 50lbs anchor for our float down to the waterline... Now set it up at 15-30ft depending on which way the tide is going. And of course the real joy trouble shooting the gear, problem students and cranky instructors like me (until I get coffee). Hail the divemasters the hardest working members on an instuctional team... well next to me :god:

I did like how much I learned doing my divemasters though and students really will talk to a DM more readily than an instructor.

It was funny when I pulled up to the 7-11 I seen Greg McKraken today (he taught me my IDC) and he was wearing a big smile as he was with a new batch of IDC candidates. Then I went to his shop Ocean Quest and Todd said these words 28 degrees celcius (they were out of gear!) make sure you pre book. He was great though and contacted Dive and Sea and they rented us the gear. A fun time at Woodlands? Well that's were I ended up today. 2 students a DM and two other people for a fun dive. It was hot enough to boil crabs without a fire. Unfortunately Woodlands had notices posted regarding no crabbing as of April 1. The two fun divers went to Deep Cove as did we all first but parking was just nuts.

Next time you see Greg or Todd, tell them I said hello. Tell them I bought an Oxycheq wing last March if their memory needs prompting.

Here is a rough outline of upcoming UASBC stuff if anyone is interested. Just show up at the next UASBC meeting last Weds of the month at 7:30 pm at Vancouver Maritime Museum. For the June 18th we'll be meeting down Kelly road if it's still okay to park on!

Tar

June 18 - VT100 (from shore) to begin re-surveying her.

June 25 - Wreck Beach walk (firm date because it is the only good tide)

July 10 - North Vancouver Mystery Wreck search

July 17 - VT100 or Porteau

WreckedDiver:
Here is a rough outline of upcoming UASBC stuff if anyone is interested. Just show up at the next UASBC meeting last Weds of the month at 7:30 pm at Vancouver Maritime Museum. For the June 18th we'll be meeting down Kelly road if it's still okay to park on!

Tar

June 18 - VT100 (from shore) to begin re-surveying her.
June 25 - Wreck Beach walk (firm date because it is the only good tide)
July 10 - North Vancouver Mystery Wreck search
July 17 - VT100 or Porteau

More info on the June 17th dive. If anyone is looking for a dive this weekend. Maybe even see what all this underwater surveying is all about!

Hi All,

The VT100 dive is this Saturday, June 18. We plan to meet at 1pm at the shore entry point in the Municipality of Belcarra.

Bring one tank. No cost but bring money for the apres-dive pub. Be prepared to lug gear down a short but steep slope and a moderately long swim to the wreck. Depth is about 60 feet. We are not diving on slack but current should not be a problem. There may well be a fair amount of pleasure boat traffic overhead.

We swim out underwater on a 300-degree M. compass bearing and back on a 120-degree bearing. Bring a compass if you have one. If you don't, we'll pair you with someone who does.

Anyone needing to carpool, please let me know and I'll see if I can arrange for someone to help out.

If anyone can dragoon us a shore tender, please notify Tar.

Some teams will collect info for site recording forms. Others will assess survey needs and begin the job.

Directions: go to Port Moody and then along the shore on Ioco Rd. for 3 miles. At the Ioco school/park/townsite, turn right onto Bedwell Bay Rd. Continue until half mile past Sasamat Lake. Turn right onto Kelly Avenue and down to Marine Drive by the water. The entry point is just left of the intersection. Depending on parking availability,
we may have to unload and move some of the cars.

Very important: everyone please let me know if you are coming or not!

bcsean:
did the cut on monday and vis was good below 25' It was absolute soup until then though.

I know it's almost over, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :dazzler1:

Well the VT 100 was a pretty cool dive first time I've actually been on it! This weekend we are going to do a walk along the beach looking for wrecks if anyone is interested check UASBC or email me. Sunday a bunch of us are going diving and it's either local or Sunshine Coast or Bowen.

do you have to be a member of some sort of club to come diving? i would like to do porteasu on the 17th im just new to this though i completed my open water last month and have done 4 dives since 1 being the nakaya it was awesome anyways if i can come will i need a buddy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom