Greenpeace ship damages reef in Tubbataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
This sort of thing happens hundreds of times every day. -Small to medium-sized boats running aground due to weather, lack of decent charts, or stupidity. Usually there's not much damage to the vessel and the local coast guard/ harbour master/marina staff pull them off and they go on their way. The only reason this made the news is the irony factor.
Yes, I believe that for many U.S. states, boaters are only required to report groundings if certain conditions are met (i.e. passenger injuries, extensive damage). Dang, now that I think about, I really don't know a single person among my Florida pals that has ever reported their grounding incident to the proper authorities.

pakman:
Does anyone know how to contact the French secret service...:05:
I presume that the two agents (Dominique Prieur and Alain Mafart) convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 10 years imprisonment (later dropped to 3, later still released early) could probably be looked up in a French directory.

Hire Clouseau to come out of retirement - and Cato as well . . . . or release Chief Inspector Dreyfus!

pakman:
Impound the ship and turn it into an artifical reef I say!

now this i agree is the best recompense they could do !!! in one year the artificial reef would be home to several fishes !!!

Or better yet, send Greenpeace II to the Somalian Coast where those African pirates can fire rpg's at them...

Back
Top Bottom