Greetings from Elmwood Park, NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jose Torres

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings all,

Been diving for 9 years now, interested in wreck diving, photography and working on becoming a DM.

Enjoy traveling for diving been to Dominican Republic and Cozumel looking forward to more new sites in the coming years.

Once the season opens up can probably be found on the weekends at Dutch Springs, PA or trips out to the Atlantic on the Gypsy Blood out of Point Pleasant, NJ.

Greetings all,

Been driving for 9 years now, interested in wreck diving, photography and working on becoming a DM.

Enjoy traveling for diving been to Dominican Republic and Cozumel looking forward to more new sites in the coming years.

Once the season opens up can probably be found on the weekends at Dutch Springs, PA or trips out to the Atlantic on the Gypsy Blood out of Point Pleasant, NJ.

Blue Water Divers your LDS?

Welcome to the Board. Do you shore dive in NJ?

Blue Water Divers your LDS?
Yes it is!!

I usually go out to Dutch Springs with them when they are doing training dives, great group of folks that have helped a lot with keeping me in the water and learning a lot on the different diving available in the area.

Are you in the NJ area? Any notes you can share on fresh water dive spots like Round Valley Reservoir etc..

Thank You!

Welcome to the Board. Do you shore dive in NJ?

Hello,

I have gone shore diving to one of the artificial reefs of Point Pleasant Beach with the Gypsy Blood crew. It's a different experience as the surface can be a little rough but once you get down to depth (only been down to 60 to 70ft) it calms down and you are able to swim around quite easily.

I hope to get out more this summer, and try some of the other wrecks in the area and maybe bring back some lobsters.

Yes it is!!

I usually go out to Dutch Springs with them when they are doing training dives, great group of folks that have helped a lot with keeping me in the water and learning a lot on the different diving available in the area.

Are you in the NJ area? Any notes you can share on fresh water dive spots like Round Valley Reservoir etc..

Thank You!

Great group of people indeed. I know them very well. I prefer shore diving these days. Shark River Inlet is where you'll find me in the summer time or on the GB. I've done too many DS dives for that to be fun any more - good practice though. DM me in the summer if you you want to join us in Belmar for a dive.

Round Valley is cold and wet. Not much more to be said.

Welcome from Fairfield. I dive Dutch along with Maclearie Park in Shark River, Gull Island in Manasquan River, and the inlets. @Basking Ridge Diver dives Round Valley with scooters which helps to get out to the interesting things which are old stone foundations from the houses in town before the reservoir was flooded.

Hit us up when the weather breaks for a cold water dive; once summer rolls around hope to be diving frequently.

My daughter over this past President's Day weekend in Taj Maha cenote:
TRT06170 M.jpg

That's a great pic! Looking forward to some diving once the air get's warmer if not the water.. Will definitely reach out on here!

Welcome from Fairfield. I dive Dutch along with Maclearie Park in Shark River, Gull Island in Manasquan River, and the inlets. @Basking Ridge Diver dives Round Valley with scooters which helps to get out to the interesting things which are old stone foundations from the houses in town before the reservoir was flooded.

Hit us up when the weather breaks for a cold water dive; once summer rolls around hope to be diving frequently.

My daughter over this past President's Day weekend in Taj Maha cenote:
View attachment 642882
Beautiful picture! She looks incredibly familiar....just like a woman I met at Taj Maha this past Sunday (the14th). Would be funny if it was her!

Greetings all,

Been diving for 9 years now, interested in wreck diving, photography and working on becoming a DM.

Welcome! I'm new here too. Everyone here has been warm and helpful so far! We haven't been diving in Cozumel yet, but we just returned from Akumal. The cenotes are amazing! We did a bit of ocean diving (rough waters last week). Highly recommend bull shark diving in Playa del Carmen if you get the chance. I loved every second!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom