Greetings from Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldsquid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok...I have been lurking for a while, and I have found a lot of great information from this site. I figure it is only right to drop in and say hello.

I just recently received my NAUI OW cert with my wife here in Maine. We took the OW course in Jan/Feb of this year and did our first dives in March. The water temp was around 38F and the air was about 42F. We had 7mm wetsuits, hoods gloves and boots. It did get a bit cold, but we survived.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

cold_dive.jpg

My wife and I are both looking forward to Diving a lot this summer. We are heading to Jamaica in June for my friends wedding and are going to try to get a couple of dives in there. (I have heard the diving is SO-SO, but hey....at least it will be warm).

My my...certification in cold cold cold water. My hat is off to the two of you. Congratulations!!!

Yah, the flood and clear definitely got the blood flowing.

Actually the Cold was not as bad as the surge and low visibility (<5ft)

welcome to the board. snow and water - great combo especially if you're under

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us. This is a great place to find local divers and all things that relate to diving. Enjoy the forums.

Howdy Mainah. I just got my cert as well. Johnsons in Rockland, about the same time as you guys. Where you from? or plan to dive? I'm on Matinicus Island, plan on diving a lot there this summer.

Gratz On your Certs you two! And welcome aboard!! be sure to check out the New England Lobstah Divahs forum, got a good crew in maine, very active. Most of my dives are in Maine..And the water in the winter can be..how shall we put it? Bracing? LOL I dive wet year round also!! Hope to see you at depth!:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom