Greetings from Michigan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Troutmaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have been reading on ScubaBoard for a while and finally decided to register! I live in southern Michigan, I am recently divorced and wanting to do more great lakes diving (the ex HATED fresh water) and I am starting to move toward more advanced training/diving. I am also starting to plan my move to a DIR/Tech setup and welcome any input or leads on good used gear.

Welcome, do you have a drysuit yet?

I do have a drysuit, just purchsed. My only other post on this board was about having venting problems because of the valve placement, but looks like I just need some more time in the suit.

After diving "wet" for over 20 years in water down to 42 degrees, I am REALLY glad to have the drysuit. Last Sataurday I did 90min consecutive in 36 degree water and the only thing that got cold was my hands.

Welcome! We're starting to build a pretty decent sized group of GUE divers here in the chicago area, I look forward to diving with ya. Where in southern michigan are you from and where are you diving at this time of year?

I am in the Coldwater area (seriously that is the name of the town) Its on I-69 just north of the Indiana line. My most recent excursion was just to a local lake for ice diving cert. and to try out the new drysuit.

I am only about 3 hours out from Chi-town, I am curious to hear a little more about GUE/DIR. My local shop is a NAUI training center but I know they train with the DIR setup. I am a big fan of training until the muscle memory knows where the knobs are.

I am in the Coldwater area (seriously that is the name of the town) Its on I-69 just north of the Indiana line. My most recent excursion was just to a local lake for ice diving cert. and to try out the new drysuit.

I am only about 3 hours out from Chi-town, I am curious to hear a little more about GUE/DIR. My local shop is a NAUI training center but I know they train with the DIR setup. I am a big fan of training until the muscle memory knows where the knobs are.

It sounds like you'd fit in great with us. How far are you from Haigh Quarry in Kankakee, IL? They open for weekends in April and 6 days a week in May. We're going to try and get out on Lake Michigan a lot this year.

Mapquest says I am 3hr 20min from Kankakee, let me know when you are planning to head out there, I may be able to meet up with you, so long as you promise not to point and laugh at a guy still diving in a BC!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom