Greetings from Newfoundland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chanaaviv

Reaction score
Hi All, I just joined now. Although I live in Newfoundland I have not tested the waters here! I dive in warm water areas. Right now I am thinking about where I would like to go for my next dive trip - possibly late April or last part of August. I'm thinking about Grenada or Little Cayman or Belize.

Take care.

Ann

Hi, Ann, and welcome to Scubaboard.

I completely understand why you're not diving in your local waters.
Although the B.C. coast and Vacouver Island have some world-class dives, if you ever develop a taste for the cold.
Enjoy!

-Bryan

Welcome aboard! With the snow and ice storm we are having right now in Richmond, VA, it is a great time to be thinking about diving in warm water areas!

Take care,
-Jim

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hi There chanaaviv,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

chanaaviv:
Hi All, I just joined now. Although I live in Newfoundland I have not tested the waters here!

<SNIP>

Greetings from New Brunswick! If this may spark your interest for cold water diving, I know that there's quite a crowd of New Brunswickers who make a yearly visit to Newfoundland to dive the wrecks of Bell Island.

Ever thought of trying a drysuit?

-André in Fredericton

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome to ScubaBoard! warning the board is addicting and will create a habit! have fun there is a wealth of information here...

Ann
Your missing a lot of great diving time. I have friends that only dive in warm water bnut I just don't understand why. If you go dry its not that cold. Try taking a course from one of the Local Dive shops that do their training in dry suits and check it out. For ISDA-NL (Industry Scubs Diving - Newfoundland and Labrador) members there are discounts and we do beach clean-ups. Also check at the dive shops for there pick-up dives and any dive clubs. At least 2 of the shops have organized clubs. PM me if you want more info.
I'm in town as well.

Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom