Greetings to Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie Cousteau

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, my husband and I are avid scuba divers, and joined Scubaboard to find out about interesting places to dive around the world. We have been diving extensively in Canada and the Carribean, and we would like to book a trip to somewhere in the Pacific or Indian Ocean. I am thinking of the Maldive Islands, Thailand or Phillipines for our next dive vacation.

My husbnd and I prefer small dive operations with no more than 12 on a boat. One thing we want to avoid is operators who force the entire group to surface if one diver has to go up after 15 minutes (very common in Mexico). Of course we realize this is not always possible with drift dives, and we follow the rules, but we are very good on air, and can easily handle 60+ minute dives. We have been spoiled by doing a lot of shore dives on our own in Canada, and sometimes enjoying 90 minute dives (shorter dives with drysuit diving)

Hi Jackie,

Have no recommendations for you but wanted to just say hello to another cold weather diver. I've done most of my diving in Wisc. and Upper Michigan (Lake Superior and Michigan). It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that thinks diving is still fun when the water temp is 50 degrees.

Yes, cool dives are great for the scenery, especially coral growth in British Columbia, but a little hard on the fingers after about 20 minutes to make any adjustments to your BC, and small UW camera buttons. My 3 finger dry gloves are not dry at all !!!

Diving in the Great Lakes is not as cold, but we have had some pretty surprising thermoclines, where you seemed to be going through a 20F degree difference. The other great thing about cold water diving is the condition of the wrecks, the Carribean wrecks are a joke after diving the Great lakes.

Welcome Jackie.
We also dive cold water down here in SoCal, come visit us sometime!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom